Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So, seeing as tomorrow is the day to apply for accommodation I have a few questions:
    -Can / Will I have to use my parent's debit card to put down a downpayment for the accommodations I'm choosing (they all have downpayments, just wondering when i actually have to apply)
    -Any forms I might need when applying?
    -Where on the website will be the application page? (I tend to miss things when browsing sites)
    -How quickly do places fill up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ThisDude)
    So, seeing as tomorrow is the day to apply for accommodation I have a few questions:
    -Can / Will I have to use my parent's debit card to put down a downpayment for the accommodations I'm choosing (they all have downpayments, just wondering when i actually have to apply)
    -Any forms I might need when applying?
    -Where on the website will be the application page? (I tend to miss things when browsing sites)
    -How quickly do places fill up?
    Applications open tomorrow? What uni is this for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Benjamin118)
    Applications open tomorrow? What uni is this for?
    Lincoln, 1st of march?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm also applying for accommodation tomorrow so not sure how quickly spaces will fill up when it starts at 10am but I guess that you should get one of your top choices since a lot of people won't be able to apply tomorrow as it will be either their insurance choice or they might go through clearing later in the year.

I don't know much about the down payments except that I'm pretty sure you wait until they send you the offer and then you have a few days within which to send the downpayment money and if you don't have your own debit/credit card then you will probably need to use your parents'.

This is the application page and you can register from 10am onwards tomorrow: https://accommodationbooking.lincoln...count/Register

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lottiebt)
    Hey, I'm also applying for accommodation tomorrow so not sure how quickly spaces will fill up when it starts at 10am but I guess that you should get one of your top choices since a lot of people won't be able to apply tomorrow as it will be either their insurance choice or they might go through clearing later in the year.

I don't know much about the down payments except that I'm pretty sure you wait until they send you the offer and then you have a few days within which to send the downpayment money and if you don't have your own debit/credit card then you will probably need to use your parents'.

This is the application page and you can register from 10am onwards tomorrow: https://accommodationbooking.lincoln...count/Register
    Thanks!

(now lincoln uni is saying that my details aren't in the database.... oh the fun of uni applications)

ReputationRep:
    You will be ready to register as 10am tomorrow, if you try and register now it will not let you

ReputationRep:
    hmm yeah probably a good idea to get into halls the first year you can probably find a house second year off campus a bit quieter i prefer that lots of sites on internet

latest one trending is propertyandu.co.uk and you can sell or buy some books.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ktarcey269)
    You will be ready to register as 10am tomorrow, if you try and register now it will not let you
    Ah, thanks. I am a mess right now lol
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Hi,

If you are having any difficulties with applying for accommodation or would like to speak to an adviser then please feel free to contact our Accommodation Team on [email protected] or +44 (0)1522 886198/231.

Darren

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 5, 2018

University open days

1. University of Lincoln
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
  2. University of Lincoln
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 14 Oct '18
  3. University of Lincoln
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.