Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why am I jealous of my girlfriends ex? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've been with my girlfriend for two months now, and I couldn't be happier. She's integrated me into her life and family, and we're both so happy.
    The trouble is, there's something really bothering me. Between June 2016 and September 2017, I had a fight with depression and went through a very difficult time. During that time, my current girlfriend was with a guy. Although those feelings are dissipating, I'm still jealous of this. I know she said he loved him, they slept over at each others houses, went on holiday together. These are all things I want to happen to me.
    We have a holiday planned soon, so maybe that'll make me feel better. I guess I want her to say that she loves me.

Is it normal for me to feel like.this?

I've spoke to her about this. She says it's normal. I don't believe there's any feelings. He abused and mistreated her.

When will these feelings go?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by oglez92)
    I've been with my girlfriend for two months now, and I couldn't be happier. She's integrated me into her life and family, and we're both so happy.
    The trouble is, there's something really bothering me. Between June 2016 and September 2017, I had a fight with depression and went through a very difficult time. During that time, my current girlfriend was with a guy. Although those feelings are dissipating, I'm still jealous of this. I know she said he loved him, they slept over at each others houses, went on holiday together. These are all things I want to happen to me.
    We have a holiday planned soon, so maybe that'll make me feel better. I guess I want her to say that she loves me.

I've spoke to her about this. She says it's normal. I don't believe there's any feelings. He abused and mistreated her.

It is indeed irrational to be jealous of someone's past but not unheard of. Give it time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by oglez92)

I had the exact same thing when starting out with my girlfriend dude...But trust me it disipates quick...I was always jealous of the fact they were very active sexually, in the shower, on kitchen tables etc but as soon as I started experimenting with her myself the jealousy became less and I realised that I'm the one with her and not him any more. yes your girl may have loved another dude at one point but she's with you now and there's a reason for that...don't let her past mess up your future.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    It's natural to feel some jealously towards your current partner's ex as there's a danger of comparing yourself to them. But remember she's with you for a reason.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone. It's comforting to know I'm not alone.

I'm glad that me and her can talk about this so openly. Once we've been on our holiday together, she's said I love you, and she feels comfortable enough to stay over, it'll be better.

She's also said that "you're the first man I've dated". Also, "I'm so scared of losing you"

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 1, 2018
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.