Turn on thread page Beta

Would you tell your ex about sexual transmitted diseases? watch

So I’ve been in my first serious relationship for 6 months now and I got cheated on about 3-4 weeks ago. I’ve had a lot of weird symptoms so my mum told me to go to a gum clinic and get tested for everything. However it’ll take 3-7 days for the result but they said it might be trichomonas vaginitis, they also gave me antibiotics however they insisted on saying that there is something but they’re not 100% sure it’s TV.
    So as embarrassed as I was (because no one else touched me for the past 7 months exept my ex) there’s a 100% chance anything I got I got it from him.
    Me and my ex don’t talk obviously and I feel like it’s awkward between us but my first instinct was to call him and tell him about it but now I’m having second thoughts only because the doctor said she wasn’t sure what exactly it was and only the cells showed that it might be trichomonas.
    Now my question is, should I tell him to get tested as well even if I don’t know what exactly I have yet? He honestly deserves it but I don’t want any girls getting it so I feel the need to tell him. Does someone think I’ll look a bit stupid for letting him know?
    Sorry I this story is a bit weird lol I really didn’t think it’d ever turn out like this 😕

ReputationRep:

Just wait to see what it is...

God.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So I’ve been in my first serious relationship for 6 months now and I got cheated on about 3-4 weeks ago. I’ve had a lot of weird symptoms so my mum told me to go to a gum clinic and get tested for everything. However it’ll take 3-7 days for the result but they said it might be trichomonas vaginitis, they also gave me antibiotics however they insisted on saying that there is something but they’re not 100% sure it’s TV.
    So as embarrassed as I was (because no one else touched me for the past 7 months exept my ex) there’s a 100% chance anything I got I got it from him.
    Me and my ex don’t talk obviously and I feel like it’s awkward between us but my first instinct was to call him and tell him about it but now I’m having second thoughts only because the doctor said she wasn’t sure what exactly it was and only the cells showed that it might be trichomonas.
    Now my question is, should I tell him to get tested as well even if I don’t know what exactly I have yet? He honestly deserves it but I don’t want any girls getting it so I feel the need to tell him. Does someone think I’ll look a bit stupid for letting him know?
    Sorry I this story is a bit weird lol I really didn’t think it’d ever turn out like this 😕
    This is why you shouldn't have sex before marriage... rippy

(Original post by Jang Gwangnam)
    This is why you shouldn't have sex before marriage... rippy
    Believe me if I could go back in time 2 months I’d take my virginity back.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Having a wedding ring on doesn't protect you against STIs...

(Original post by Anonymous)
    He honestly deserves it but I don’t want any girls getting it so I feel the need to tell him. Does someone think I’ll look a bit stupid for letting him know?
    I don't think anyone deserves an STI - and you've just had someone effectively say that you do.

If it is Trich, it's usually symptom-less in men, so unless you tell him he needs to get checked, he's unlikely to think it's necessary. If you know who else he had sex with, they might appreciate a word too. The clinic may do anonymous 'contract tracing' where they send a text saying 'come and see us' if they know a mobile number too.

No.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 1, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.