anjumaaz
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I'm really struggling with sociology especially since i'm halfway through year 2 and we've barely learnt much since Families and Households because for the past year we haven't had a set teacher as my original teacher became ill and left.

I need help, big time, and it would be helpful if i got some tips on how to revise for this subject and key knowledge on things like what the different perspectives believe.

I honestly don't know anything and i'm less than 4 months away from exams and the stress in unbelievable
elizabethlau
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
This is GCSE Sociology, right?
anjumaaz
Rep:
?
no A Levels Sociology
EnglishRose1999
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do you have the textbook by any chance?
anjumaaz
Rep:
?
(Original post by EnglishRose1999)
Do you have the textbook by any chance?
Yeah i do. I've got both AQA A Level Sociology Book 1 and Book 2.
But because there's so much content in them, its hard to grasp the key information and i don't know how to properly revise from it
EnglishRose1999
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
My advice would be to condense down the textbooks into simpler notes. Much like the topic summaries at the end of each chapter. List the basic points, evidence and evaluation points simply.

Websites like SlideShare and Quizlet are really useful in terms of grasping key information, and different theories perspectives.

Revisesociology.com is very very useful. It provides a lot of detailed information but in simple terms. It also lists what each theory believes/it's perspective. I've added the link to this below

https://revisesociology.com/sociology-family-revise/

Perhaps also check out GetRevising and YouTube for further help

Essay plans are one of the best ways to prepare

Also try not to become overwhelmed with the amount of information, it's definitely doable to learn and understand all the information before the exams! Just keep calm and condense all the information down into manageable chunks

Best wishes 😀
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you're planning on going to uni this year, would any of these financial reasons stop you?

Not being able to work now to save up for uni (92)
13.94%
Reduced household income due to coronavirus means I can't afford to go (54)
8.18%
Lack of part-time jobs to support me while I'm at uni (85)
12.88%
Lack of graduate job prospects when I finish uni (79)
11.97%
Other reasons are stopping me going (84)
12.73%
Nothing is stopping me going (266)
40.3%

Watched Threads