Turn on thread page Beta

Is this enough A*s watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am currently in Year 12 and am looking to applying to Oxford to study Medicine. I have achieved 8A*s (2 x9 and 1 x 8) and 2As. Do you think I have a chance?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, although be aware that Oxford medicine is an extremely competitive course. Your personal statement and your A level grades are incredibly important, so focus on those
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    In addition, work experience with people who are old/sick is very valuable, and better to have than work experience shadowing a nurse or doctor or whatever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flabi)
    Yes, although be aware that Oxford medicine is an extremely competitive course. Your personal statement and your A level grades are incredibly important, so focus on those
    Well, personal statement isn't really that important for Oxford right? ( nexttime might know )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starrysky123)
    I am currently in Year 12 and am looking to applying to Oxford to study Medicine. I have achieved 8A*s (2 x9 and 1 x 8) and 2As. Do you think I have a chance?
    No. You need 20 A* at least. Jokes aside, yes they are fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XxxvatxxX)
    Well, personal statement isn't really that important for Oxford right? ( nexttime might know )
    They don't use it as much as other unis do, but for entry to other unis it is crucial that your personal statement is very good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flabi)
    They don't use it as much as other unis do, but for entry to other unis it is crucial that your personal statement is very good
    Indeed, I am hoping to apply to Oxford too! I feel like I am doing too much work experience though...I have around 5 weeks of it and am not sure how I'll be able to explain that well in the characters provided for the PS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by starrysky123)
    literally, 7 A*s probably isn't enough, 8A*s just is.

ReputationRep:
    it all depends on your bmat tbh.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 28, 2018
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.