Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What are your opinions on school uniform? Should all students have to wear it? I'm very interested in fellow students' opinions on this topic
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    use to hate it high school but honestly it means you don't have to worry about being fashionable or if certain colours match it as brilliant. uniforms just make everything alot easier and it's hatder to compare yourself against others

ReputationRep:
    Yes wear them. All look the same, nobody feels inferior

ReputationRep:
    No matter how much we moan about it - truth be told uniforms are a blessing especially at schools like mine where the background of people are on opposite spectrum, everyone is equal- also school is not about how you look, its about (/should be) how you think and interact.

ReputationRep:
    TBH I like it lmao

ReputationRep:
    it's good i think - no judgement over clothing style, brands, price etc. also makes students easily recognisable as coming from that school, which help with safety
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I hated my uniform but glad we had it. I think it's good to have them, but some of the rules were ridiculous. The worst one was you have to ask to take your blazer off, even in the summer when it sometimes got to over 30C. Teachers could (and some did) tell you you had to keep it on. Um, no. If a student overheats they could faint, which causes much bigger issues for the teacher than seeing their pupil without their blazer on.

My headteacher insisted everyone wore their blazers all the time, top buttons always done up (which is fine) and ties always worn a certain length (again, fine). However he would stroll into school, untucked shirt, no blazer himself, top 3 buttons undone in a crumpled shirt with no tie. Total hypocrite! He says we need to wear our uniform correctly to be representative of the school. Least he could do is look presentable too. Sometimes he would turn up in a hoodie, yet proceed to scold students wearing hoodies themselves. I hate the hypocrisy of teachers sometimes. They would argue saying it is unprofessional for students to wear it, then surely it is unprofessional for them to do the same thing in their workplace?

ReputationRep:
    Although I sometimes hate wearing my school uniform - especially in summer - I definitely see the benefits. I would feel so pressured if I had to wear my own clothes, like I was constantly being judged. It is bad enough on the non-uniform days we have like twice a year.

ReputationRep:
    Sometimes especially if its really warm it can be so annoying and uncomfortable to have to wear a uniform, but i think its best because everyone looks the same so no one can be judged on the clothes or brands they wear. It takes the pressure off in the morning aswell as you just wear the same thing but if you had to start picking out an outfit it would probably take you longer in the morning to get ready

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.