Turn on thread page Beta

Redoing the last 2 years of A levels from scratch watch

ReputationRep:
    I am currently 5 months into year 13 and due to the pressures of the impending end of the year, I have come to the conclusion that I want to redo my A levels from year 12 all over again with different subjects. Personal reasons have caused my to remain doing these A levels for an extended period of time. I'm aware that it is very late to be making this decision, however I was wondering if it was possible that I could do my A levels at a different institution starting at year 12 all over again. Cost is not an issue and I am extremely willing to commit to redoing the whole 2 years again. I am currently 17, turning 18 in May 2018. Does anyone know if this is possible? Am I able to enrol to a new 6th form at the age of 18 in September to complete the next 2 years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CreaseChan)
    I am currently 5 months into year 13 and due to the pressures of the impending end of the year, I have come to the conclusion that I want to redo my A levels from year 12 all over again with different subjects. Personal reasons have caused my to remain doing these A levels for an extended period of time. I'm aware that it is very late to be making this decision, however I was wondering if it was possible that I could do my A levels at a different institution starting at year 12 all over again. Cost is not an issue and I am extremely willing to commit to redoing the whole 2 years again. I am currently 17, turning 18 in May 2018. Does anyone know if this is possible? Am I able to enrol to a new 6th form at the age of 18 in September to complete the next 2 years?
    It depends what college you apply for. And I’m also turning 18 in May. When’s your birthday?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ireee)
    It depends what college you apply for. And I’m also turning 18 in May. When’s your birthday?
    May 12th 2000

ReputationRep:
    I’m 18th May, wooow just 6 days

ReputationRep:
    Can't you just try really hard now and get a uni offer or apply for another university course with your new grades?

It's just a very long time...

Why new subjects? I'm applying for law and I have two sciences but I still have an offer even if history and stuff is better for my course. If I failed (god forbid lol) I'll resit next year.

Honestly, the whole of sixth form redone sounds a bit... idk it's strange and you will feel lonely surely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gotaquestion)
    Can't you just try really hard now and get a uni offer or apply for another university course with your new grades?

It's just a very long time...

Why new subjects? I'm applying for law and I have two sciences but I still have an offer even if history and stuff is better for my course. If I failed (god forbid lol) I'll resit next year.

Honestly, the whole of sixth form redone sounds a bit... idk it's strange and you will feel lonely surely
    It's a little complicated... uh so basically all this time I've felt pressure to commit to the subjects I've had and they were subjects chosen out of emotional impulse and I ****ed up bad by sticking to them for so long. Being Asian and stuff it was heavily put onto me to stick to doing biology and chemistry and after all this time I haven't been able to do well in those subjects - only being able to pass them with the bare minimum. I haven't applied with UCAS this year either as I knew that I wasn't able to get into a Uni that I would be satisfied with. I could try really hard but it's very unlikely that I'd succeed, even if I do I wouldn't be content with the subjects I did my A levels in as they're honestly subjects I don't have an interest in. So yeah... a lot of poor regretful decisions were made to the point where I can see this as my best option...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ireee)
    that's crazy lol

ReputationRep:
    But two years sets you back a lot...

I'd say have this plan , look at sixth forms and whatever

But honestly, try your best with these subjects. Even ABB can get you into very good unis with those subjects (Nottingham , Edingburgh, even LSE has AAB courses)

Plus a girl in the year above got CCB and get into pharmacy at notts this year (she has to do an extra year though)

She just worked so hard in her gap year for an amazing application

ReputationRep:
    Its not something that is advised but what you could do is apply for a foundation year. I think they are brilliant and are perfectly suited to people in your position. Try your best this year as its still early days. And then you can do a foundation year which is like a fast track version of A-level in areas such as health, arts and many more. If you're lucky you might be able to get a course through clearing. If not just take a gap year to decide what you wanna do. Don't rush into things, do your research into possible options and lastly do whats right for you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bubbbs)
    Its not something that is advised but what you could do is apply for a foundation year. I think they are brilliant and are perfectly suited to people in your position. Try your best this year as its still early days. And then you can do a foundation year which is like a fast track version of A-level in areas such as health, arts and many more. If you're lucky you might be able to get a course through clearing. If not just take a gap year to decide what you wanna do. Don't rush into things, do your research into possible options and lastly do whats right for you
    I'm unable to go to a course through clearing due to not applying for UCAS this year since I was and still am extremely pessimistic with my results for the end of my A levels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gotaquestion)
    But two years sets you back a lot...

I'd say have this plan , look at sixth forms and whatever

But honestly, try your best with these subjects. Even ABB can get you into very good unis with those subjects (Nottingham , Edingburgh, even LSE has AAB courses)

Plus a girl in the year above got CCB and get into pharmacy at notts this year (she has to do an extra year though)

She just worked so hard in her gap year for an amazing application
    I've considered doing a gap year to improve my application drastically, though I feel it would be better to do different subjects that I would be more content and motivated with doing.

ReputationRep:
    I'm unable to go to a course through clearing due to not applying for UCAS this year since I was and still am extremely pessimistic with my results for the end of my A levels.
    Im pretty sure that you can apply through clearing just sign up a few days before. Technically you can still apply now but at the end of the day its your choice. 2 years extra now isnt much in the long run. I'm doing a similar thing, only i flopped so im resitting but i will apply after.

ReputationRep:
    I've considered doing a gap year to improve my application drastically, though I feel it would be better to do different subjects that I would be more content and motivated with doing.
    I agree with you, but dont give up on you grades now. Deliberately failing isnt gonna help you, and when you do apply you will need to declare all your grades.
    You said earlier that money wasnt a problem, which is good because 1 year at some colleges is like 3 grand. It will be worth it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ireee)
    My birthday is on the 17th May just one day before you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by devianen)
    My birthday is on the 17th May just one day before you
    Woow Taurus squad!!!! ✌🏾

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.