Turn on thread page Beta

I think I’m gay but I have a boyfriend watch

Right to start off I’m a female and I’m 17. I have a boyfriend and we’ve been dating for nearly 5 months now. He’s amazing. He treats me so good and he’s a real gentleman. He’s very clingy which can get irritating sometimes as I do like my own space but I overlook it as I think it’s just me being a b*tch. The thing is, he’s done no wrong but I think I want to be with a girl. I’ve always dreamt of being with a girl relationship wise and well I want to experiment. How do I break up with him without hurting him. I know he’s going to be really depressed and I’m gonna hate myself for it but I’m not 100% happy in the relationship and I don’t think it’s fair on him. He’s going to university soon and so he will be moving far away and I won’t see him much which I believe would have affected me anyways. So do I use this as an excuse to break up with him? He knows I’m bisexual but I don’t want to tell him I want to be with a girl instead of him because he’s so caring and nice. I would love to remain friends with him but I’m not sure what to do. Please help.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Study Helper
    Be honest with him. He's awesome as a friend but not your ideal partner right now. He's going to be moving away soon and you don't want to do long distance(?). You want to experiment and find yourself sexually before fully committing.

its seems like its just a phase or maybe have 1 threesome?

perhaps date another guy who has it better together and you would have more fun with. I also had something similar, turns out I was just dating a guy who wasnt that good in bed

if you want children in the future and traditional wedding with a husband, then your going to need a guy

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the advice. I don’t really want to do long distance no because I’m not sure if I can cope with it tbh. He’s good in bed and like I enjoy it but I want to experiment with woman. I don’t want to leave it till we’ve been together ages because I know that’s what I want. A threesome wouldn’t work I don’t think because I’d get jealous of the other girl lmao
    • TSR Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    Study Helper
    (Original post by monsterdance)
    Thank you for the advice. I don’t really want to do long distance no because I’m not sure if I can cope with it tbh. He’s good in bed and like I enjoy it but I want to experiment with woman. I don’t want to leave it till we’ve been together ages because I know that’s what I want. A threesome wouldn’t work I don’t think because I’d get jealous of the other girl lmao
    Assuming you're OP, it really sounds like you're in a difficult situation but I still feel you may be best to part ways. Do it amicably and honestly, then you may be able to get back together in future if you wanted. Heck you could even just not be together and become friends with benefits instead so you still get.. Then in the meantime experiment with others.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

perhaps date another guy who has it better together and you would have more fun with. I also had something similar, turns out I was just dating a guy who wasnt that good in bed

if you want children in the future and traditional wedding with a husband, then your going to need a guy
    "Traditional wedding" 10/10 homophobia
    You can have kids in other ways if you're gay btw.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AspiringUnderdog)
    "Traditional wedding" 10/10 homophobia
    You can have kids in other ways if you're gay btw.
    I was thinking the same, it was a very biased post in favour or traditional rubbish. Traditional... needs to stop as it tries to make gay relationships feel wrong.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Well it's possible you could be bi - that is a thing

Ultimately, if you're not happy in the relationship it's best to end it and look for greener pastures. Whether that's with a woman depends on you - but you can explore that once you end this relationship. It would also be much worse for your mental health and wellbeing if you remain in a relationship you're not committed to, while sliding deeper into the closet

As above, disregard the obviously ridiculous comment about marriage and childcare.

ReputationRep:

In the modern world there is no need for OP to have a male partner to have kids or get married.

It sounds like OP isn't in the right relationship, and needs to experiment with girls and/or with other guys - being bisexual is a 'thing'.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by artful_lounger)
    Well it's possible you could be bi - that is a thing

Ultimately, if you're not happy in the relationship it's best to end it and look for greener pastures. Whether that's with a woman depends on you - but you can explore that once you end this relationship. It would also be much worse for your mental health and wellbeing if you remain in a relationship you're not committed to, while sliding deeper into the closet

As above, disregard the obviously ridiculous comment about marriage and childcare.
    She is bi, she said

ReputationRep:
    Maybe he would be fine with you sleeping with other girls open relationship type thing
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    What have you said about this to him?

If he knows, he can go 'I want monogamy' or 'I'm happy for you to see someone else, provided it's a woman' or 'only if we see them together' or 'only if you don't see anyone else more than once' or.. but in any case, you know where you are.

ReputationRep:
    I’m bisexual but I don’t want to tell him I want to be with a girl instead of him because he’s so caring and nice. I would love to remain friends with him but I’m not sure what to do. Please help.

Realistically there is a very slim chance you're going to be able to break up with him, get with a girl, and have everything hunky dory between you an your now ex and be friends

tbh, you're better off imo just breaking up with him and telling him you are confused and think you might be gay or something ....and then going your separate ways ...and then getting with a girl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 8472)
    Be honest with him. He's awesome as a friend but not your ideal partner right now. He's going to be moving away soon and you don't want to do long distance(?). You want to experiment and find yourself sexually before fully committing.
    We trying babe!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by strenger191)
    We trying babe!
    Miss nice time?

ReputationRep:
    Wanna trying me?

ReputationRep:
    the way you said "he's amazing" kinda sounds like he fulfils some objective criteria of what makes a good partner instead of what you need right now.

i would say that if youre going to break up, you should do it before his a levels so he has time to emotionally recuperate and prepare for his exams

best of luck!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2018
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.