Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello am currently in year 9 and choosing my options in the future I would like to become a paramedic , My school does not do triple science so I am choosing health and social care , psychology and either geography, history or computer science as one of these is compulsory

I like history but have heard there is a lot of essays and coursework .I don’t like geography but a lot of year 10s say it’s super easy , and computer science I don’t know much about but I do kind of like it.

So which one would you say I should pick?

ReputationRep:
    Well I’m in year 10 and do all three of then along with a bunch of other subjects and well im telling you, it really depends on what you like.

History is an essay based subject but that’s not necessarily the problem - for me anyways. I find the topics that we cover to be quite boring and that doesn’t make me focus in lessons. It is a really hard subject.
    As for geography do not mistake it as a ‘super easy’ subject, the amount of stuff you have to memorise - boring stuff as well which make it even worse. It also has a lot of writing so don’t forget about that.
    And for computer science, it is a really hard subject. It really depends on how much you are willing to work for this subject. If you read over the notes every week you should be fine, i mean once you start getting into it, it’s okay but it is still a very hard subject.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Don't do a subject just because it's easy unless you rlly want to. it's better to do a subject you like even if it has more work because if you enjoy it then the work won't feel as much like work.
    hope this helps x
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Keele University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  2. University of Melbourne
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 19 Aug '18
  3. Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Undergraduate
    Tue, 21 Aug '18
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.