The Student Room Group

History Geography or Computer science ?

Hello am currently in year 9 and choosing my options in the future I would like to become a paramedic , My school does not do triple science so I am choosing health and social care , psychology and either geography, history or computer science as one of these is compulsory

I like history but have heard there is a lot of essays and coursework .I don’t like geography but a lot of year 10s say it’s super easy , and computer science I don’t know much about but I do kind of like it.

So which one would you say I should pick?
Well I’m in year 10 and do all three of then along with a bunch of other subjects and well im telling you, it really depends on what you like.

History is an essay based subject but that’s not necessarily the problem - for me anyways. I find the topics that we cover to be quite boring and that doesn’t make me focus in lessons. It is a really hard subject.
As for geography do not mistake it as a ‘super easy’ subject, the amount of stuff you have to memorise - boring stuff as well which make it even worse. It also has a lot of writing so don’t forget about that.
And for computer science, it is a really hard subject. It really depends on how much you are willing to work for this subject. If you read over the notes every week you should be fine, i mean once you start getting into it, it’s okay but it is still a very hard subject.

If you have any more questions feel free to ask :smile:
Don't do a subject just because it's easy unless you rlly want to. it's better to do a subject you like even if it has more work because if you enjoy it then the work won't feel as much like work.
hope this helps x

Quick Reply

Latest