Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How many paragraphs are you supposed to write for each parts of the unseen poetry part of the AQA English literature paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jim24)
    How many paragraphs are you supposed to write for each parts of the unseen poetry part of the AQA English literature paper?
    24 marker about 3 and 8 marker probably 2, look on the aqa website, where they have exemplar answers. Also read the examiner's reports and spec etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angel_Chen)
    24 marker about 3 and 8 marker probably 2, look on the aqa website, where they have exemplar answers. Also read the examiner's reports and spec etc.
    Thank you so much!

ReputationRep:
    if its for A levels - AQA English papers normally have 25 markers and if you can for comparing the unseen poems, do 2 long detailed paragraphs and if you can manage your time then do 3 paragraphs where you include similarities and differences

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anjumaaz)
    if its for A levels - AQA English papers normally have 25 markers and if you can for comparing the unseen poems, do 2 long detailed paragraphs and if you can manage your time then do 3 paragraphs where you include similarities and differences
    Ah sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm doing GCSE right now. Thank you so much for replying though

ReputationRep:
    Its alright. From as far as i can remember, GCSEs unseen is normally 4 paragraphs using the structure that you have been taught. My school taught the PEELSC structure and we had to do 4 of those. But i know that the GCSEs grading and paper systems have changed, so im not sure if it still is reliable for you
    Btw - PEELSC is Point, Evidence, Explain, Language analysis, Structural analysis and Compare/contrast along with an intro and conclusion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anjumaaz)
    Its alright. From as far as i can remember, GCSEs unseen is normally 4 paragraphs using the structure that you have been taught. My school taught the PEELSC structure and we had to do 4 of those. But i know that the GCSEs grading and paper systems have changed, so im not sure if it still is reliable for you
    Btw - PEELSC is Point, Evidence, Explain, Language analysis, Structural analysis and Compare/contrast along with an intro and conclusion
    Thanks

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.