Turn on thread page Beta

So basically for as long as I can remember I’ve had fuzzy eyesight - not problems with my eyes like long or short sightedness that require glasses. I guess I’ve always passed it off or thought it was normal until recently when I noticed it properly and now I can’t stop seeing it. It’s not fuzzy as in things are blurry but as if it’s that thing where the tv has that snow, that’s what it’s like in front of everything I see. It sometimes makes it hard to concentrate or gives me headaches and in addition I have this tinnitus thing that seems to somehow connect with this or at least it does in my head. I’ve been to the doctors and they’ve said there’s nothing wrong with my eyes and I don’t require glasses and that it’s probably just me over straining my eyes or being tired. So now my parents don’t believe me and think I’m being over dramatic for attention. But It can’t be tiredness as it’s constant even when I shut my eyes and I know for certain I’m not making this up. Apologies for how long this post is but anyone who knows what this could be or at least how to cooe with it and not let it affect me will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    Well, sometimes it is hard to diagnose young patients, they often can overcome massive strain without even noticing it. If you feel something is wrong get it checked with a doctor. Explain your symptoms. It seems like floaters from eye strain or light sensitivity. Talk about it with your doctor. They are most probably just temporary strain, however, they can be a sign of more serious stuff....
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So basically for as long as I can remember I’ve had fuzzy eyesight - not problems with my eyes like long or short sightedness that require glasses. I guess I’ve always passed it off or thought it was normal until recently when I noticed it properly and now I can’t stop seeing it. It’s not fuzzy as in things are blurry but as if it’s that thing where the tv has that snow, that’s what it’s like in front of everything I see. It sometimes makes it hard to concentrate or gives me headaches and in addition I have this tinnitus thing that seems to somehow connect with this or at least it does in my head. I’ve been to the doctors and they’ve said there’s nothing wrong with my eyes and I don’t require glasses and that it’s probably just me over straining my eyes or being tired. So now my parents don’t believe me and think I’m being over dramatic for attention. But It can’t be tiredness as it’s constant even when I shut my eyes and I know for certain I’m not making this up. Apologies for how long this post is but anyone who knows what this could be or at least how to cooe with it and not let it affect me will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
    Have you been to see both a doctor and an optician? It can be difficult to diagnose eye stuff cos it could fall under either. It can also be difficult to work things out with young people cos it's normally unusual for young people to experience issues so it's not really expected and things can present differently with young people too.
    If you are sure something isn't right, you just have to keep on trying until you make some progress unfortunately.
    It could help to write everything down clearly and to see if you can find something that looks like how things look to you so they can understand what you mean better.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 1, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.