Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ired-at-school

So a teacher in Georgia barricaded himself in the classroom and fired a gun. Thankfully there were no injuries or casualties.

So much for arming teachers...

I'm guessing some people will now claim that students need to be armed too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeBruyne18)
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ired-at-school

So a teacher in Georgia barricaded himself in the classroom and fired a gun. Thankfully there were no injuries or casualties.

So much for arming teachers...

I'm guessing some people will now claim that students need to be armed too.
    PLEASE tell me how arming teachers will be "safe".

ReputationRep:
    Giving guns to teachers is a retarded idea lets face it alot of students are ***** and its only a matter of time before a teacher snaps and shoots them.

I support some gun control but just common sense. To me it seems a few of these shootings could have been prevented but people weren't doing their jobs.

ReputationRep:
    This is what Trump, this is what Trump gets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Indìgenous)
    Giving guns to teachers is a retarded idea lets face it alot of students are ***** and its only a matter of time before a teacher snaps and shoots them.

I support some gun control but just common sense. To me it seems a few of these shootings could have been prevented but people weren't doing their jobs.
    Thinking on both sides:

We think that this is a pretty stupid idea as giving guns to teachers is like adding fuel to a fire - who knows if a teacher snap and gun down an entire class.

The other side you can kinda see why, I mean arming teachers does give them the opportunity to prevent innocent deaths but it is a real throw of the dice as to whether they will actually have the bravery to deal with a gunman or just run away or actually deal with the individual which may get the teacher killed in the process.

Hence increased gun control in a more sensible option but comes into conflict with the 2nd amendment so is pretty much a no no.

ReputationRep:
    I think that we should give out guns to students to help combat the guns held by teachers. The only way to stop a bad teacher with a gun is to have a good student with a gun.

ReputationRep:
    The answer is simple: we need to bring in stronger teacher control legislation. Increase the minimum age to become a teacher, require stronger background checks, ban the mentally ill and those with criminal backgrounds from owning teaching degrees, and stop people from teaching across state lines.

Arm the remaining teachers with AR15s though, we need to keep the kids safe from crazy people who may or may not have guns.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Makes a nice change from students doing it i guess..

ReputationRep:
    Trump's solution is retarded. Teachers are not police, they are there to educate, and they shouldn't have to bear the responsibility of having to face a potential armed gunman coming through the doors. But then again, it's Trump, so it's nothing new.

ReputationRep:
    So I guess now we arm the... cleaners?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    So I guess now we arm the... cleaners?
    They're probably brown people so nah, not worth the risk in the eyes of republican lawmakers.

ReputationRep:
    We should have Trump guard every school. He's so brave, stable and the best; whether he had a gun or not he'd save all the children.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Ah yes, the 'safe' option clearly working out well then.

ReputationRep:
    We need to arm the students to keep them safe.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.