The Student Room Group

Advice needed

Hey guys! Just wondering, this was very stupid of my really, but when I was doing a patient’s medication through a JEJ feed during placement, I didn’t wear gloves (I known very stupid, it was those moments where it just went past my mind). So, obviously, some fluids from her JEJ feed got onto my hands. Question is, is there anything I should be worried about? Will I get any disease from it? I’m just starting to stress about it really.
Thank u!
Reply 1
Original post by _SHLG
Hey guys! Just wondering, this was very stupid of my really, but when I was doing a patient’s medication through a JEJ feed during placement, I didn’t wear gloves (I known very stupid, it was those moments where it just went past my mind). So, obviously, some fluids from her JEJ feed got onto my hands. Question is, is there anything I should be worried about? Will I get any disease from it? I’m just starting to stress about it really.
Thank u!

Is this patient carrying something that could be contracted via bodily fluids? If no then no you will not catch a disease. You're gonna be a nurse....you will get far worse on you in your career. This is actually quite minor.....the fact you wasn't wearing gloves I'd be more concerned about the patient getting an infection than you catching a "disease". Always glove up!! :smile:
Why didn't your mentor tell you to wear gloves?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending