Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! Just wondering, this was very stupid of my really, but when I was doing a patient’s medication through a JEJ feed during placement, I didn’t wear gloves (I known very stupid, it was those moments where it just went past my mind). So, obviously, some fluids from her JEJ feed got onto my hands. Question is, is there anything I should be worried about? Will I get any disease from it? I’m just starting to stress about it really.
    Thank u!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _SHLG)
    Hey guys! Just wondering, this was very stupid of my really, but when I was doing a patient’s medication through a JEJ feed during placement, I didn’t wear gloves (I known very stupid, it was those moments where it just went past my mind). So, obviously, some fluids from her JEJ feed got onto my hands. Question is, is there anything I should be worried about? Will I get any disease from it? I’m just starting to stress about it really.
    Thank u!
    Is this patient carrying something that could be contracted via bodily fluids? If no then no you will not catch a disease. You're gonna be a nurse....you will get far worse on you in your career. This is actually quite minor.....the fact you wasn't wearing gloves I'd be more concerned about the patient getting an infection than you catching a "disease". Always glove up!!

ReputationRep:
    Why didn't your mentor tell you to wear gloves?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 1, 2018
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.