Turn on thread page Beta

Anybody here at school/college/university ever played Kahoot quizzes? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I've played Kahoot quizzes quite a few times at college and always had a laugh about it, even creating my own for the rest of the class to play last Thursday. The highest score I ever got on any of the quizzes I played was 2nd place. I didn't have much luck with one quiz I played earlier today as I noted in another thread I started.

You get points not only for correct answers but for your speed of selecting the answer, so even if you got more questions right than everyone else you still might not necessarily get 1st place if you were a bit slow at answering the questions.

ReputationRep:
    They're the highlight of sixth form ngl

ReputationRep:
    played them in sixth form
    loved the usernames we had :rofl:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    played them last year in ICT (Y9 :cool:)
    usernames were the best bit

ReputationRep:
    I feel like friendships have been broken just because of Kahoot.

Ngl, Kahoot is the highlight of sixth form.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Loving the replies so far. :teehee:

Anyone else got a funny thing to add to this thread?
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    omg. I loved these in computing. We did them instead of end of term tests as the teacher couldn't be bothered to mark them or print them.

Ended up doing them in my apprenticeship too after training courses. Later told one of my managers about the site and he created a quiz which was then used internally for one of the government security agencies :lol:
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I love the music the best

ReputationRep:
    Kahoots are the highlight of my education tbh. There's only a few teachers at my school who insist on real names, so we end up with 20+ meme names every time. I can remember once in history we had "Rasputin" "Real Rasputin" and "Ra ra Rasputin" all in one game.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Configuration)
    I've played Kahoot quizzes quite a few times at college and always had a laugh about it, even creating my own for the rest of the class to play last Thursday. The highest score I ever got on any of the quizzes I played was 2nd place. I didn't have much luck with one quiz I played earlier today as I noted in another thread I started.

You get points not only for correct answers but for your speed of selecting the answer, so even if you got more questions right than everyone else you still might not necessarily get 1st place if you were a bit slow at answering the questions.
    Yup.

Kahoot! was used extensively in mathematics A-Level :nod:

ReputationRep:
    I used to impersonate someone else in the class and just do really bad :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by markovchain17)
    I used to impersonate someone else in the class and just do really bad :laugh:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I've often done that too. :lol:

I created a short 10 question quiz this afternoon and I was surprised how many got some questions wrong! :teehee:

ReputationRep:

We use them all the time, even today! They're amazing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DrawTheLine)
    I love the music the best
    Me too. :five: :yep:

ReputationRep:

YES KAHOOOOT! Played it in school and college. Unfortunately not uni yet. Think I should persuade my lecturers to jump on the kahoot bandwagon

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon7654)
    YES KAHOOOOT! Played it in school and college. Unfortunately not uni yet. Think I should persuade my lecturers to jump on the kahoot bandwagon
    Sadly I never got to experience the joys of Kahoot the entire time I was at school, as it didn't even exist yet. :no: :moon: (I left school in 2009).

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 1, 2018
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.