Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Evening all,

Just a quick question if anyone can help, I've been looking at applying for the RAF Regt as an officer, and just wondered what sort of CBAT assessment potential applicants undertake?

From my understanding different branches take different assessments? I've heard some don't undertake any form of CBAT?

Any help would be great! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hi mate,

AFAIK, RAF Reg Officers aren’t required to sit CBAT, however the rest of the OASC selection will be undertaken. I stand to be corrected by those better in the know.

Cheers
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Thank you mate, really appreciate the reply.

If anyone has any advice regarding anything to do specifically with a RAF Regt Officer application and OASC it would be greatly appreciated.

The amount of people telling the rejection rate for 'young' candidates for Regt is unbelievable. I'm 22, soon to be 23 & can't see this being a factor against me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ballingbob)
    Thank you mate, really appreciate the reply. If anyone has any advice regarding anything to do specifically with a RAF Regt Officer application and OASC it would be greatly appreciated. The amount of people telling the rejection rate for
    There's an outside chance you might need to sit the CBAT, but it'll be on a non-assessed basis of you do. They just want to know what level you're at, it's not pass/fail.

There's nothing specific that a RegO needs to know or do that any other officer candidate doesn't. Read through the other threads here about OASC and the application process.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    There's an outside chance you might need to sit the CBAT, but it'll be on a non-assessed basis of you do. They just want to know what level you're at, it's not pass/fail.

There's nothing specific that a RegO needs to know or do that any other officer candidate doesn't. Read through the other threads here about OASC and the application process.
    Thanks! If required to sit the CBAT, will the outcome have any bearing on the success of my application?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ballingbob)
    Thanks! If required to sit the CBAT, will the outcome have any bearing on the success of my application?
    Almost* certainly not.

*If you completely flunked it they might ask questions, but the chances are slim

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Almost* certainly not.

*If you completely flunked it they might ask questions, but the chances are slim
    Brilliant, thanks for your help mate!

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to the armed forcesGuide to the Royal Air ForceA job in the Army

Featured recruiter profiles:

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Quick Link:

Unanswered Armed Forces Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.