Turn on thread page Beta

(Original post by Lily048)
    Retake. People do it all the time. Find a part time job (yes like McDonald’s or other REPUTABLE brands) and start adding to your CV. Talk to colleges taking on students at low entry levels - see what they recommend you do to boost your grades and CV. Volunteer, anywhere, try and get DBS certified, there is tons of things you can do if you stop saying no to things and actually try!
    I have no problem with people who work in McDonald's, I would never disrespect them or look at them in a different way just because of their job, I wouldn't do that to anyone, but to me it isn't a good job to have and with anxiety it isn't the right job for me

ReputationRep:
    Okay, that’s absolutely fair! Have you tried looking at more part time areas of work to build up your confidence to work in these areas? Eg volunteering part time at a charity, working in a care team, working behind the scenes at chain stores (not front of house)?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    They want to work with animals you idiot and with mental and physical issues a terribly paid job you hate will destroy you.
    As opposed to doing absolutely nothing with their? Get off of it. Beggars can't be choosers.

Okay, that’s absolutely fair! Have you tried looking at more part time areas of work to build up your confidence to work in these areas? Eg volunteering part time at a charity, working in a care team, working behind the scenes at chain stores (not front of house)?
    Well I am in college 5 days a week and do some dog sitting for 3 so I don't need a job right now but later on I will and I'm seriously worried I will never work with animals full time or even get decent qualifications

ReputationRep:
    So you actually are fine? You’re young you’ve literally stressed over nothing! You’ve got part time work and you’re in education...what were you being so negative about before??
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by Napp)
    As opposed to doing absolutely nothing with their? Get off of it. Beggars can't be choosers.
    Far from being a beggar.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Far from being a beggar.
    It's an idiom kid.

So you actually are fine? You’re young you’ve literally stressed over nothing! You’ve got part time work and you’re in education...what were you being so negative about before??
    I'm worried about my future? I am doing functional skills level 1 but it' still not level 2 so it' a low qualification and even once I get qualifications I need a decent paid job in something until I work with animals, like I wouldn't mind working as a vet receptionist or in an office until I get the job I want but it' not likely to happen without good qualifications

No offence but working with animals (unless you’re a vet or work in veterinary practice) is always going to be somewhat low paid as an adult - and to be a vet or veterinary nurse you have to have a degree or a levels at least
    You also need a head for shít! I mean literally feces, often while said matter is still inside the animal. There was a documentary on the other day about animals. I was flicking thro channels because there was ads on the other channel I was watching. Anyway I seen a vet stick his hand in a horses anus.

(Original post by Laomedeia)
    You also need a head for shít! I mean literally feces, often while said matter is still inside the animal. There was a documentary on the other day about animals. I was flicking thro channels because there was ads on the other channel I was watching. Anyway I seen a vet stick his hand in a horses anus.
    That's a vet you idiot.

Someone's bitter asf

Someone's bitter asf
    Hardly

That's a vet you idiot.
    Indeed. Also the importance of idiots:

Indeed. Also the importance of idiots:

Leave

Leave
    Start a poll then.

Start a poll then.
    On What?

On What?
    On Leave or Remain

On Leave or Remain
    I have no idea what you're talking about I didn't bother watching the video

I have no idea what you're talking about I didn't bother watching the video
    or the news apparently.

or the news apparently.
    What the hell does Brexit have to do my post, psycho

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.