Turn on thread page Beta

Tampons making me feel faint watch

ReputationRep:
    Okay so I read up about this thing called Vasa-vagal episodes and it basically makes you feel faint and sick when triggered and it mean that you could have a sensitive cerix and I pretty sure I have this , putting tampons don't hurt me but seconds after it being in I start to feel ill and start gagging and my hearing gets muffled , I feel faint and I'm sweating. I don't no what to do does anyone else have this and if so can you still have sex.

ReputationRep:
    Hey hun. So I happened upon your post because I'm actually suffering from the same problem. I had a bad episode last summer when attempting to use a tampon and actually had to call out an ambulance because I went into mild shock and started puking on top of the fainting. Thus far doctors have been relatively unhelpful and indicated it might have been a one off, however, due to period related issues I had a transvaginal ultrasound scan and I again almost fainted. I'm planning to book an appointment with my GP to discuss the issue as it is crealy recurring and I can update you if I get any further with this if you'd like

I know this isnt super helpful but it might be nice to know 1- youre most certainly not alone in this issue! 2- it does probably mean you can never use a tampon, however, products such as mooncups which sit lower in the vaginal canal may be an alternative and I plan on looking into it. 3- you can certainly still have sex. It may be you have to be careful if you have a partner who is particularly well endowed, but generally when aroused the vaginal canal extends and so the cervix sits higher and is less likely to be, well, hit by the penis. Just be sure to stop immediately if you fill the normal signs of an episode coming on and take it easy as its not worth risking your health

If you have other issues with this I would say a doctor should be your next port of call.

Also- anyone worried about not being able to use a tampon? Don't be. I'm 20 and I still use pads as do a number of my friends. The only reason to change for me is environmental impact which is why I'm looking into mooncups. People can't smell the blood, most girls won't judge you (and if they do tell em where to stick it), and its not a case of pads being juvenile- theyre easier to adjust to which is why most young girls use them but for a lot of women using a tampon never becomes an option whether due to anxiety, or a health condition. You're not being silly, or weird, by continuing to use pads you are doing whats best for you! Besides the risk of TSS has always put me off personally- not an issue with pads and greatly reduced with mooncups.

(Original post by Polisher34)
    Okay so I read up about this thing called Vasa-vagal episodes and it basically makes you feel faint and sick when triggered and it mean that you could have a sensitive cerix and I pretty sure I have this , putting tampons don't hurt me but seconds after it being in I start to feel ill and start gagging and my hearing gets muffled , I feel faint and I'm sweating. I don't no what to do does anyone else have this and if so can you still have sex.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    (Original post by Polisher34)
    Hi. Just to let you know I've moved this into a new thread for you. It's best to make new threads rather than adding to old ones cos that tends to get confusing and you should hopefully get more responses with a fresh thread.

Sounds like something you should see a sexual health clinic or a female GP about. They should be able to explain things and help you out with management.

Having looked into that term you used it actually seems to be the thing I got with blood tests. I would always feel (or be) sick and feel generally unwell. It's something I tend to get with new, unpleasant experiences, but I've gotten over it with blood tests. I have to get them on a regular basis so I guess over time my body got used to it and knows to to overreact any more.
    Not sure how it relates to your specific issue and honestly I'd just avoid using tampons if I were you, but I thought I'd share if nothing else for some reassurance that you're not alone.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 28, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.