Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ever feel like you spent ages revising and still get a bad grade? ( same here!)
    Thats why I made this thread so anyone can share tips to improve this and let the hard work pay off!

Here are a few of my tips from research
    1) Its not just about the content of your syllabus, you also need to know how to apply this knowledge. Application questions would be a good place to start, even try and relate your subject to everyday life ( outside of revision)

2) Make sure you understand what the question is saying. This is a difficult one as it is so easy to start writing an answer without fully interpreting the question. I know the time is limited in the exam but it is important to take a bit of time interpreting before answering ( form the answer in your head before you put pen to paper)

3) Analyse your mistakes. First step: complete a past paper under timed conditions. Second step: mark harshly. Third step: identify mistakes and write on the front of the paper the topic which the question comes under. Then review this topic and do more questions within this topic. Hopefully, after doing this your mark would improve.

4) Keep a positive attitude and remember every second counts. One mark can make all the difference from getting into your first choice uni or not. Therefore, ensuring a balance of school and relaxation, making sure time is not wasted in your revision and every moment is useful to you because time is precious!

Hope this helped everyone

ReputationRep:
    For subjects like Maths I suggest completing the textbook meaning answering all exercises, mixed exercises and review exercises and then doing questions by topics then sitting past papers in timed condition.
    For sciences - write all relevant notes, memorise them and then past papers in timed condition

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CashBlack)
    For subjects like Maths I suggest completing the textbook meaning answering all exercises, mixed exercises and review exercises and then doing questions by topics then sitting past papers in timed condition.
    For sciences - write all relevant notes, memorise them and then past papers in timed condition
    is mixed exercises, review exercises and papers enough (solomon, edexcel etc) havent done that many individual exercises

ReputationRep:
    Dont spend all your time making notes;. Get your notes done early, so you can focus on exam practice

Good luck!

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.