What communities are you a part of? watch

• Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    It's University Mental Health Day today and the theme is commUNIty.

Communities are groups of people that share something in common. This could be something like where they live, a characteristic, an interest, a religion, and things like that.

We're all part of our local communities, and you may also be part of the student community, or the community here on TSR.

What communities are you a part of?

Want to talk more about University Mental Health Day? Check it out here >>>
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    I guess I'm part of various communities, to different extents:

- Church community. I rarely attend church (on mental health grounds) and so feel quite disconnected from it, but I'd hope my parish would still count me as part of the community

- Uni community. I'm fairly well known in my uni department and though it's not without its problems, this is the uni that I've been happiest at

- Sri Lankan community in London. Again this is not a group I'm particularly well-integrated into and it's not like every Sri Lankan in London knows every other Sri Lankan. But still

- I'm also part of a community with the group I volunteer with. Had to sadly withdraw from volunteering with them in November on health grounds, but hoping to get back into it at some point

Those are the main ones I can think of. There are probably more though

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 1, 2018
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.