Turn on thread page Beta

I am 22, nearly 23 and I feel so alone, I feel have not accomplished much in life, I barely have friends and the friend I have can't even share most their secrets, although they expect me to. I'm kind of fed up because I get the impression that I'll be close to no one, no one will love me enough to need me or want to do things for me. Having not had a boyfriend, nothing sexual or done anything great with my life, I'm feeling so down and alone. I can't seem to concentrate on my uni work because I feel so down, like what is the actual point of my life. Can't seem to talk to my family because I wouldn't want to worry them and friends that I do manage to reach, don't want to hear negative things. Idk I could be alone in my flat for days and no one would bother contacting me. I feel like crying..
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    People would not contact you because they think you are perfectly fine since you have not opened up to anyone! Open up to anyone even if it is someone here. As soon as you have done so it will be much easier to open up to more.

ReputationRep:
    You are still young and have a lifetime to accomplish whatever you want, life is not a race to be rushed. If you want friends/romantic partner have you tried putting yourself out there more? joining clubs and society etc? if you want to talk about stuff bothering you PM me, my stupid insomnnia means i am lying awake bored most night as the normies with 11pm-8am sleeping patterns are asleep.

(Original post by monkeyman0121)
    People would not contact you because they think you are perfectly fine since you have not opened up to anyone! Open up to anyone even if it is someone here. As soon as you have done so it will be much easier to open up to more.
    But last time I did my 'friend' who is not really my friend now started to drift from me because she said she was dealing with other problems but yeah I was always there for her. Because that didn't go well I don't feel like I can share with anyone without bothering or upsetting them. I would like to open up to someone but I don't know who

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    But last time I did my 'friend' who is not really my friend now started to drift from me because she said she was dealing with other problems but yeah I was always there for her. Because that didn't go well I don't feel like I can share with anyone without bothering or upsetting them. I would like to open up to someone but I don't know who
    Try your parents they will not drift away! They love and care for you no matter what!

If you can't try a freephone company thing. (Can't remember any but there are some for depression and other problems.)

(Original post by Rest in Pizza)
    You are still young and have a lifetime to accomplish whatever you want, life is not a race to be rushed. If you want friends/romantic partner have you tried putting yourself out there more? joining clubs and society etc? if you want to talk about stuff bothering you PM me, my stupid insomnnia means i am lying awake bored most night as the normies with 11pm-8am sleeping patterns are asleep.
    Thanks, I will PM you probably tomorrow, unfortunately I fit with the normies and I'm quite drained/ tired from feeling so down today.

Try your parents they will not drift away! They love and care for you no matter what!

If you can't try a freephone company thing. (Can't remember any but there are some for depression and other problems.)
    My mum worries a lot and then she tells her best friend so I don't want to stress her out, her hair is already falling out from worrying about paying bills. :/

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I will PM you probably tomorrow, unfortunately I fit with the normies and I'm quite drained/ tired from feeling so down today.
    Whatever you feel comfortable with dude, if you feel like PMing me will help then by all means i will listen, if you feel the opposite or don`t feel comfortable talking about it then that is okay too. I shall now binge watch Gordon Ramsey videos on youtube.

ReputationRep:
    My mum worries a lot and then she tells her best friend so I don't want to stress her out, her hair is already falling out from worrying about paying bills. :/
    Try the free phones then.

Found a link: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/stress...lth-helplines/

Try the free phones then.

Found a link: https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/stress...lth-helplines/
    I've tried that once when I was having a really tough time but just felt like they didn't care, not for me. Just felt like I was talking most of the time.

ReputationRep:
    I've tried that once when I was having a really tough time but just felt like they didn't care, not for me. Just felt like I was talking most of the time.
    Try again I feel it is better to do something than leave it. You may see things differently. Or maybe even try to find a site where others have been through the same problem and chat with them about it.

https://www.mind.org.uk/information-.../#.WpdLpui5uUk

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.