A level Environmental Studies

Watch this thread
Olie212
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi - is anyone currently doing 2nd year of environmental studies? I was just wondering if there's anyone that is that could possible share some revision resources e.g. notes or something? Would be greatly appreciated

Or if people just wanna talk about the subject on here that'd be nice. I'm finding it kinda difficult because the textbook is pretty meh..
TheCoffeeToffee
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
Hey! Sorry I can’t help you with revision because I’m in year 11 but I’m thinking of taking Environmental Science in sixth form next year. I’m assuming it’s the same or similar to Environmental Studies so could you please tell me what the subject is about and what I should expect from lessons and stuff. Thank you
Olie212
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Yeah well I'm on the old spec which is apparently less sciency but I have the textbook for the new spec and it doesn't seem too different, there just seems to be more content. You basically study how humans impact the environment and ways of reducing these impacts. So there's stuff on climate change, conservation, agriculture, mining, energy, pollution, sustainability, etc. Basically if you just look at the specification you'll get an idea. It's fairly interesting - you'll enjoy it if you like geography but it can be quite dull at times (like energy has been pretty boring). I enjoyed it quite a bit first year but I've kind of gone a bit off it and just want A levels to end at this point :laugh:

Feel free to ask me any more specific questions about the course though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Do you know what you'll do if you don't get the grades you're hoping for?

Find something else in clearing (30)
28.85%
Take a gap year (16)
15.38%
Resit my exams (28)
26.92%
Look for alternate pathways to the career I want (15)
14.42%
I don't know yet (10)
9.62%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
4.81%

Watched Threads