Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, so I currently have unconditionals from these two unis but I'm really indecisive as to which one to pick.

The subject is for English literature and I know the league tables aren't the best to go by in terms of a deciding factor, but it seems overall Exeter seems to be better in terms of rep/academics which is important to me.

The thing is, I'm kind of concerned about nightlife etc because I withdrew from university of Reading (hated the course and the town just reminded me of my own town back home, so pretty unspectacular and with high accomadation prices for fk all). I'm thinking Exeter would be similar vibes to Reading which is what is slightly puttting me off.

I've heard Nottingham nightlife is good but firsthand opinions on this would be really appreciated.

Also any info about the style of buildings on the campus, I feel that pretty important too!

Thank you in advance

ReputationRep:
    For English, night life Exeter. And for the course. Exeter wins. And area, Exeter wins.

J.k Rowling went to Exeter.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by King Arthur 284)
    For English, night life Exeter. And for the course. Exeter wins. And area, Exeter wins.

Exeter is not known for its night life.

ReputationRep:
    Nottingham is amazing.

ReputationRep:

What about the kind of people that go there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rogue ocean)
    English white people.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    English white people.
    Some Welsh too. And a lot of Asian people, mainly from HK/Singapore/Malaysia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomnelson_)
    Nottingham is amazing.
    Hey thanks for replying. Would you be able to tell me more about the nightlife/city in Nottingham? Like are there many decent clubs etc
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Rogue ocean)
    Largely:

Caucasian, from the home counties/London and went to boarding/private school or grammar school or the best comprehensives

Smattering of minorities from the UK (usually London; skewed middle class), smattering of (very wealthy) minorities from overseas, smattering of northerners, smattering of scottish (but not really scottish since they went to top private schools and sound english), decent number of welsh people

Internationals from cosmopolitan european countries (aka France - there are a LOT of frenchies, Italy, Spain etc)

Internationals from Asia (largely Singapore, China, HK, Malaysia)

International school kids (usually a mix of different backgrounds)

Everyone skews middle to upper middle class (or flat out rich as ****), with some smattering of a few working class people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2018

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.