Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well I am an ambitious EU student wanting to pursue a career in investment banking and I’m not just another kid clueless about what it really is solely attracted to the money but rather because I find it really interesting and it is the only thing I could ever imagine doing everyday especially in the long term. Unfortunately, when I was younger during my A levels I didn’t know what I wanted to do about my life and I didn’t like to study either, I was out of place and as a result I got bad grades that have bitten me in the ass ever since. I managed to get a place at Birkbeck and I am studying Economics with Business. I’m having second thoughts about whether this university is worth my time and my money especially considering the career I want to pursue. I know Birkbeck obviously doesn’t compete against the likes of institutions like UCL, LSE, Imperial and even QMUL but I want to know how well it is regarded in London and how employable it is compared to the aforementioned institutions. Also I’d like to know what my chances will be on pursuing the career I intend and on gaining admissions at top UK institutions (oxford, cambridge, lse etc) taking into account it is very likely I will be graduating with a 1st. I view myself as a knowledgeable person but would’ve been quite helpful and enlightening to get opinions from others
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Bump
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.