Turn on thread page Beta

Cartilage pierced hurts and is red please help watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I got my cartilage pierced a week ago, and it hasn’t been causing trouble a lot. I’ve been cleaning it twice a day with antibacterial soap, I haven’t been sleeping on it, I haven’t been playing with it and I try not to touch it. When I got it pierced, I fainted a few mins after, but that’s just because I have a very sensitive ear (I also fainted when I tried changing my earrings myself so I wasn’t that worried). I do have the nickel something allergy or whatever, and I let the piercer know. He’s very expierced so I do trust him. I’ve accidently touched it a few times, but it hurt for a minute or two and stopped. Today, I accidentally touched it again, but it wasn’t worse than the other times. It started hurting so much and getting so red and a bit swollen. I’ve cleaned it three times today with antibacterial soap and I’ve soaked it in seasalt water. However, it is still hurting and is swollen. Please please please help me.

ReputationRep:
    The body will always try to fix the wound so it will Constantly be affected, and the body will go to lengths to correct and recover it to it's original form, and after time the body fights back less and the pain subsidies

If the wound is red or weeping its infected and needs antibacterial or saline solution
    Sometimes the body rejects a piercing where it deems the piercing to be a threat to your health and will go to all measures to remove it, at this point there is nothing you can do except remove the jewellery
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    you might put there some antibiotic cream or better visit o doctor. It seems that an infection started. Do not wait!

ReputationRep:
    I had this with all of mine. It’s not infected just the way your body deals with it. Crush up some aspirin and add a tiny bit of water and put it on the piercing before you go to bed and wash it off in the morning
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.