Sehan
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I just started As level, i want to know the syllabus of maths consist in C1,C2 books only or?
Prince Philip
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sehan)
I just started As level, i want to know the syllabus of maths consist in C1,C2 books only or?
For the pure content it's mainly C1/2 with a few differences. Applied content is mainly taken from M1/2 and S1/2.

These two documents are useful:

http://furthermaths.org.uk/docs/02-A...ing-bodies.pdf

http://furthermaths.org.uk/docs/02-A...ing-bodies.pdf

Are you self-teaching? I highly recommend new style textbooks instead of old modular textbooks.
Cammo dude
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sehan)
you take c1, c2 and get to choose from m1 and s1.
Prince Philip
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Cammo dude)
Not anymore.
Sehan
Rep:
?
M1 or S1 is better?
Cammo dude
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Notnek)
Not anymore.
what's it like now?
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sehan)
Assuming you are an international candidate doing EDEXCEL international A level then Maths AS comprises C1, C2 and your choice of S1, D1 or M1 or if you want to do the somewhat harder Pure Maths A level instead you could choose F1.
Cammo dude
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sehan)
M1 or S1 is better?
m1 if you are good in physics and like working out and drawing diagrams to solve questions.S1 if you want to take the easier route.
Prince Philip
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by gdunne42)
Assuming you are an international candidate doing EDEXCEL international A level then Maths AS comprises C1, C2 and your choice of S1 or M1 or if you want to do the somewhat harder Pure Maths A level instead you could choose F1.
Good assumption. I need to remember this when reading TSR posts
Sehan
Rep:
?
m1 if you are good in physics and like working out and drawing diagrams to solve questions.S1 if you want to take the easier route.
So i think C1,C2,S1 is ok. Can i able to self study S1
Sehan
Rep:
?
Are you self-teaching? I highly recommend new style textbooks instead of old modular textbooks.[/QUOTE]

Can u describe the names of the books pls
Prince Philip
  • Study Helper
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sehan)
Can u describe the names of the books pls
Can you please confirm if you are an international student or taking maths in the UK?
Sehan
Rep:
?
(Original post by Notnek)
Can you please confirm if you are an international student or taking maths in the UK?
Im taking as a private candidate. Not uk. My teacher also doesn't know what books to prefer after C1 and C2. And didnt say anything whether i have to go through after completing those books
Sehan
Rep:
?
What about core3/4
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Sehan)
What about core3/4
For a complete A level in maths you need to also do C3 and 4 together with a second applications unit.
I suggest you read the specification to see what unit combinations as possible.
https://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-international-advanced-levels/mathematics.html

In my opinion the best books for an independent candidate are this series, 1 book for each unit.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-AS-Level-Modular-Mathematics/dp/0435519107/ref=sr_1_1?s=books
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.95%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (674)
41.3%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.22%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise