Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing my spoken language assessment soon and I'm doing it based on the death penalty.

My question is can I argue against or for?

And another thing is should I read off paper or make bullet points? Or how else did you do yours or are doing it?

ReputationRep:
    Oh the English NEA is piss easy unless: you have anxiety problems or you are socially awkward....

(Which is most of TSR)

But don't sweat! You can argue whatever; just don't sit on the fence. You can argue both but make sure to some to an argument in your conclusion, often presenting a counter argument for whatever you did not choose.

I did mine with my best mate because we have awesome chemistry. I had a script but I sort of knew mine by head anyway and I could improvise. It depends on what your teacher says: Some students weren't allowed scripts, others were for different schools (or at least my area).

Basically if your crap at improvising and memorising what you want to say, go get a script, otherwise get those cards with a bunch of bullet points on them. Always remember to look into your teachers eyes; if you hate eye contact look in between your fav classmates eyes or at the wall just above there head, but always look into your teachers eyes (or whoever is marking)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_miah)
    Oh the English NEA is piss easy unless: you have anxiety problems or you are socially awkward....

(Which is most of TSR)

But don't sweat! You can argue whatever; just don't sit on the fence. You can argue both but make sure to some to an argument in your conclusion, often presenting a counter argument for whatever you did not choose.

I did mine with my best mate because we have awesome chemistry. I had a script but I sort of knew mine by head anyway and I could improvise. It depends on what your teacher says: Some students weren't allowed scripts, others were for different schools (or at least my area).

Basically if your crap at improvising and memorising what you want to say, go get a script, otherwise get those cards with a bunch of bullet points on them. Always remember to look into your teachers eyes; if you hate eye contact look in between your fav classmates eyes or at the wall just above there head, but always look into your teachers eyes (or whoever is marking)
    Great, thanks for the advice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc_miah)

(Which is most of TSR)

Hi again,

I'm having trouble figuring out whether I should read from memory or off paper...

How should I present?

ReputationRep:
    At my school we weren't allowed to read of paper but could have bullet points to jog our memory. Speaking from memory is best as i'm pretty sure you get marks for eye contact so will do worse if you're constantly looking down at a sheet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GmAccFlt)
    At my school we weren't allowed to read of paper but could have bullet points to jog our memory. Speaking from memory is best as i'm pretty sure you get marks for eye contact so will do worse if you're constantly looking down at a sheet.
    Thanks for the input.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oneiropólos)
    Hi again,

I'm having trouble figuring out whether I should read from memory or off paper...

How should I present?
    (Original post by GmAccFlt)
    At our school, we were allowed to read off the paper as long as we make substantial eye contact with the camera. As in we weren't allowed to look at the paper the whole time but we had a script to read off but we needed to look at the camera a lot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oneiropólos)
    I'm doing my spoken language assessment soon and I'm doing it based on the death penalty.

My question is can I argue against or for?

And another thing is should I read off paper or make bullet points? Or how else did you do yours or are doing it?
    i also did a spoken language assessment on the death penalty, just make sure to act very emotional and passionate about the subject and include facts and statistics. also i would advise you to roughly have an idea of what you are going to say and not read off a paper, you can show your interest in the subject more this way, dont be nervous and enjoy it. good luck

ReputationRep:
    For:
    waste of money keeping serial killers and rapists alive (tax payer)
    family need closure
    warns off people
    human way

against
    do we really have the right do kill someone
    statiscally doesnt lower crime
    my sometimes get it wrong

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.