The Student Room Group

Aston Uni vs Nsewcastle Uni

I have an unconditional offer for Translation Studies - French and German at Aston and ABB from Newcastle for Modern Languages, Translation and Interpreting. I'm not sure which to choose.
Newcastle has definitely been better with communication and information, and I do think their course seems more balanced and flexible but I'd like to hear the opinions of current students.
Both campuses are nice, both cities easy to get to from home.
Thanks
Original post by hannahly
I have an unconditional offer for Translation Studies - French and German at Aston and ABB from Newcastle for Modern Languages, Translation and Interpreting. I'm not sure which to choose.
Newcastle has definitely been better with communication and information, and I do think their course seems more balanced and flexible but I'd like to hear the opinions of current students.
Thanks

Hi,

Congratulations on your offers and thanks for considering us. Sorry to hear we haven't been as communicative with you as Newcastle. Is there anything you would like to know rather than me throwing marketing spiel at you?

Josh
Original post by hannahly
Thanks

I study German (& Business & Dutch) at Newcastle! Do you have any specific questions? Student life in Newcastle is excellent, as the SU has endless opportunities (last year I was Treasurer of Baking Society & a writer for the student newspaper), and the city is wonderful. It is cheap, friendly and ultimately very homely. The course is good too, the lecturers are incredibly passionate and really love spreading their passion for languages. Do you have any more specific questions? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending