Turn on thread page Beta

What causes homosexuality? watch

ReputationRep:
    It can't be a choice, if gay people themselves don't say its a choice, its not, they know how it feels to be gay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cammo dude)
    it's still not genetic though
    also,not everyone is going to support lgbtq movement and rights including me so keep that in your head
    Do you have any actual evidence to support that claim? Simply repeating the words "it's not genetic" doesn't make them true. And would you care to venture any alternative theories, if you don't "believe" that genetics play a role?

ReputationRep:
    The same thing that causes heterosexuality: early childhood psychology and experience, and lust.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    The chemicals in the water

Spoiler:
    Show

They even turn the fricking frogs gay!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zanzalur)
    It can't be a choice, if gay people themselves don't say its a choice, its not, they know how it feels to be gay.
    Don't be ridiculous. No gay individual has ownership over homosexuality. Sexuality is psychological and should be studied. Gay people are not special and neither is homosexuality and are not exempt to being studied. I also can tell you don't know any gay people well or any men who have done sexual things with other men. They are nothing like media gays nor are they victims and do not deserve special treatment. It literally is lust.

ReputationRep:
    Science hasn’t proven Why homosexuality exsist, Although there is a theory that ALL the X chromosomens in every person has that ”gay/bi” gene Which may get triggered in the womb due to exposure to different hormones. If that’s The case it is indeed genetic Although the gene is in all of us.

ReputationRep:
    Who knows, and who cares? As long as you both consent, do what you want. It doesn't affect the rest of us at all - only the individuals that love one another!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

I was thinking that a lack of positive male influence in my life may be a reason why. I am the oldest cousin, and all bar one (who I rarely see or talk to) are girls. Also much closer with my mother than father, don't have a brother or much men in my life.

Do you think that this would be a contributor? Haven't really got a male role model in my life to look up to.

ReputationRep:
    Ben has brown eyes, the ******
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 14, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.