Turn on thread page Beta

Doctors finally confirm period pain can be as painful as a heart attack watch

ReputationRep:
    Oooh thanks! They should teach this sh*t in schools.

Shoutout to the smooth muscle of my womb for contracting painlessly and without my knowledge.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    I have. And I felt really dreadful, but had pretty well no actual pain.
    How did it feel like?

Did you have any symptoms before the heart attack happened?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cherryred90s)
    What does describing a pain as ‘almost as bad as having a heart attack’ translate to you? Seriously?!
    You’ve already acknowledged that cramps can cause excruciating pain so what point are you trying to make? That because the professor (who is male) didn’t explicitly say it that it’s not true?
    (bit in bold) I have already spoke about this in a previous post to you, stop trying to back track to points I have already explained because you know you have been bending the statements in the article and have been caught out

I am not (and havent said at all) that periods arent painful etc, the point I am trying to make is that you are trying to say the article says X or Y even though it doesnt (I did state this in my first post to you lol) which is the issue I take with the posts you've made

ReputationRep:
    Don’t insult me. Just because you struggle to even begin to comprehend how painful a cramp can be doesn’t mean you should start nitpicking at things that don’t matter. Most people on this thread have been able to identify what I thought was obvious so that’s enough for me.
    What I struggle with is people that make false conclusions from articles and try to pass them off as what is said in the articles like you have been doing throughout this thread

ReputationRep:
    So you’ve had a heart attack then?
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    I have. And I felt really dreadful, but had pretty well no actual pain.
    That took an unexpected turn... damn cherry you look like an a-hole now. lols

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laeliakiwi)
    That took an unexpected turn... damn cherry you look like an a-hole now. lols
    For asking a question?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madmadmax321)
    (bit in bold) I have already spoke about this in a previous post to you, stop trying to back track to points I have already explained because you know you have been bending the statements in the article and have been caught out

I am not (and havent said at all) that periods arent painful etc, the point I am trying to make is that you are trying to say the article says X or Y even though it doesnt (I did state this in my first post to you lol) which is the issue I take with the posts you've made
    OK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stoyfan)
    How did it feel like?

Did you have any symptoms before the heart attack happened?
    I felt dreadfully ill, cold and sweaty, and had no symptoms before the moment of the attack.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CoolCavy)
    yeh cos women never shave :rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Even if they did it would not be the same as it is for shaving in men. A man's hair is thicker, grows at a faster rate and is more dense than it is in women. Shaving hair/removing hair is a lot more painful in men than it is in women.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Pain is so psychological that any comparison is just publicity-seeking nonsense, really.

I used to work on a post-natal ward and would see women immediately after both vaginal and Caesarian deliveries. A universal trend was that those that had unwell babies needed much, much more pain relief than the women who were happy with healthy baby. For exactly the same wound, some women would be complaining of terrible pain whilst on lots of morphine (and they'd just had a massive cut into their abdomen so fair enough!), but others would have no pain relief whatsoever, not even paracetamol. They'd generally say yes, its very painful, but it doesn't bother me when can i go home lol.

And if exactly the same wound can produce such a spectrum of response with different psychological states, how can you possibly compare periods (highly variable, might be haemorrhaging a pint, or next to no bleeding at all) and heart attacks, which can be life-ending pain or completely painless!

ReputationRep:
    marwakhalid oh my godddddd

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.