Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

10,000 word dissertation in 55 days. Possible? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi. My 10,000 word undergrad politics dissertation is due in 55 days, and I have yet to start writing.

I have a topic, have assembled an extensive literature and read through a lot of it, and written a detailed outline. It is an entirely theoretical - abstract research question.

Can it be done? What do you think?

Thanks - R

ReputationRep:
    Entirely possible. You could write that in a week if you put your mind to it.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Entirely possible. That's a lot of time. I have written only 2k of my 10k word Politics dissertation and it's due in 27 days :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Yes but you will have to give up any social life, free time and such but you can still complete it easily and too a good standard if you are dedicated. 10000 words isn’t as much as you may think once you research and plan it all out.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Definitely possible.
    I wrote a short book for a school competition.
    56,350 words in one week!
    Proof that this is possible.
    Don't ask me to post it up because I have mislaid the file after 8 years!

ReputationRep:
    That's less than 200 words a day so that's more than possible and you certainly wouldn't have to give up free time or your social life.

ReputationRep:
    Cheers all. Really just needed the encouragement! I know its possible, my tutors are just being pissy about it.

Will take your advice and jettison my social life temporarily.

Good luck to everyone!

ReputationRep:
    I'm in secondary school but I did a 20,000 word essay in one week - 8am to 10pm every day, only three 30 minute breaks. It felt like I was dying but I was so happy when I finally got it done! Good luck

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.