Turn on thread page Beta

Does he genuinely like me or is he a player? watch

Announcements

Basically this guy is quite good looking and confident. I immediately assumed that he was a player because he tried to chat to me whilst he had a gf. I ignored him then but its been months now and apparently he doesn’t have a gf anymore and he still stares at me and smiles. He even told someone that he likes me and they’ve told me that he does. We’ve not really talked properly though because I’m afraid of what his intentions are. It’s almost been a year since he started ‘crushing’ on me and it doesn’t look like it’s going to stop any time soon because he’s always trying to catch my attention. I think I want to give him a chance and talk properly to him to see what he’s like...any thoughts?

ReputationRep:
    By "he tried to chat to me whilst he has a girl" is quite vivid. Was it just small talk or him trying to hit on you? I'm not sure how old you are because that would possibly affect the circumstances. I'm a 16 year old boy and most my age just want a girl friend because its cool ; give him the chance but its always nice to keep on your mind whether he sees you as another girl on his score board or as a lovely person.

ReputationRep:
    it depends how many relationships he has been in. To me, if it is more than 2 or 3 then what is to stop him from doing it again. He's been dumped for a reason and by the looks of things he hasn't been paying attention to his own girlfriend.
    He hardly knows you and if he was serious he'd want to be friend with you for while before jumping into relationships. You might just be a fill-in for his boredom or a potential person he'd want to sleep with. I would would keep my distance and observe for a while.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ddsizebra)
    it depends how many relationships he has been in. To me, if it is more than 2 or 3 then what is to stop him from doing it again. He's been dumped for a reason and by the looks of things he hasn't been paying attention to his own girlfriend.
    He hardly knows you and if he was serious he'd want to be friend with you for while before jumping into relationships. You might just be a fill-in for his boredom or a potential person he'd want to sleep with. I would would keep my distance and observe for a while.
    Or he dumped them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by howitoughttobe)
    Or he dumped them?
    Which makes it more worse since he's lost interest in them

ReputationRep:
    Which makes it more worse since he's lost interest in them
    So? You don't just meet one person and they instantly turn out to be the right person. What kind of fairytale are you living in? :laugh: Relationships don't always work out, that doesn't necessarily mean there's anything wrong with the person, it just means they weren't compatible in the long term.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by howitoughttobe)
    So? You don't just meet one person and they instantly turn out to be the right person. What kind of fairytale are you living in? :laugh: Relationships don't always work out, that doesn't necessarily mean there's anything wrong with the person, it just means they weren't compatible in the long term.
    If he did it constantly and has already recovered in literally minutes, don't you think it says something. And no I do not live in a fantasy, I just know what 'being serious' means. It would be logical and much more sense to befriend with someone you like before flirting with someone who you only know their name and age. But most young people these days think with their hormones rather than brain or heart
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    If he did it constantly and has already recovered in literally minutes, don't you think it says something. And no I do not live in a fantasy, I just know what 'being serious' means. It would be logical and much more sense to befriend with someone you like before flirting with someone who you only know their name and age. But most young people these days think with their hormones rather than brain or heart
    You said 2-3 times. That's not constantly. If he had a new girlfriend every few weeks then I'd agree with you but that's not what you said and we don't know that he does. There can be many reasons why you recover from a relationship quickly, again that doesn't mean a person isn't serious. As for being friends beforehand that doesn't guarantee anything. I was really good friends with a guy for nearly a year before we dated and that only lasted four months, whereas I started dating one guy two weeks after we met and we were together for over two years.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 1, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.