Turn on thread page Beta

I'm too stupid to work watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    So I've got a job as a waitress in a hotel and I think that I'm gonna get sacked cos I keep on making mistakes on the till and behind the bar and dont seem to listen and forget what people have told me to do and dont do things properly I dont know whats wrong with me I feel stupid and everyone at work is annoyed with me for being like this. This is my longest job I've had it for 6 weeks now. I do have a degree in Computer Science but I only got a third and I'm not even interested in it but I feel like I should be doing something better than this and somehting related to my degree.

ReputationRep:
    everyone makes mistakes. your new and you will eventually get used to it. try applying at other jobs before you decide to leave

ReputationRep:
    I have but I didn't get them

ReputationRep:
    What are you doing to improve on this? Everyone starts out bad, some people get better.

ReputationRep:
    Another victim of the UK's hopeless education system I see. Being pressured to choose a university when she(?) Isn't prepared for higher education. Hence she's stuck in a job where a degree isn't required...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Another victim of the UK's hopeless education system I see. Being pressured to choose a university when she(?) Isn't prepared for higher education. Hence she's stuck in a job where a degree isn't required...
    I dunno, I never felt pressured to go to university. I'm a first year now at 20, but out of high school I was pushed into trade work and then apprenticeships.

I do think people have to plan for their future before they're emotionally ready, but there's not an age where your future stops being open to change

ReputationRep:
    You're not stupid and you certainly don't need to be intelligent to work behind a bar or as a waitress. You're just taking longer than most people to get used to the job, remember to take your time during transactions and try not to stress.

Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.