The Student Room Group

Stephen Fry has answered your questions!

The legend that is Stephen Fry has answered questions submitted by you guys!

Check out the video below!

[video="youtube;ulyQUTqpWo0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulyQUTqpWo0[/video]

Did he answer your question? Will you be taking on Stephen's advice? What are your tips for looking after your mental health?

TSR have teamed up with Sport Relief this year to get everyone #Walking4Wellness. Whether you train like The Rock or your lack of moment could give a sloth a run for their money, get involved! Grab some advice, share tips and keep motivated in the Sport Relief forum.

Want the chance to win an Amazon Echo and Fire TV and / or £100 Sainsbury's voucher? Download the Sport Relief app!

£100 Uber / Uber Eats voucher is up for grabs to! Just post in a golden tread to be in with a chance!

Spoiler

Scroll to see replies

[scrollr]:crazy:[/scrollr]
He answered my question :nutcase:
He just comes across as so nice and charming <3 :colondollar:
My question got featured :biggrin:

Thanks for answering Stephen!
This is pretty cool!
A good video, it's always nice to hear from Stephen Fry as he's always got something interesting to say.
Reply 6
He's so cute.
he is so right about the coming out thing tbh. Telling my parent about depression felt very similar to coming out

also wonder who that australian giving the intro was :wink: :koala:
Despite being eternally thankful that Stephen eventually managed to answer our questions (given his recent health scare), I must confess a certain level of disappointment concerning the overall lack of heterogeneity. By this, I mean that every question selected was centred around mental health, which strikes me as something of a missed opportunity, given that there were plenty of other interesting questions being asked of Stephen about various other topics.
Stephen Fry 1 Jemery Corbyn 0
Well at least TSR didn't lie this time.
Original post by Danny Dorito
The legend that is Stephen Fry has answered questions submitted by you guys!

Check out the video below!

[video="youtube;ulyQUTqpWo0"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulyQUTqpWo0[/video]

Did he answer your question? Will you be taking on Stephen's advice? What are your tips for looking after your mental health?

TSR have teamed up with Sport Relief this year to get everyone #Walking4Wellness. Whether you train like The Rock or your lack of moment could give a sloth a run for their money, get involved! Grab some advice, share tips and keep motivated in the Sport Relief forum.

Want the chance to win an Amazon Echo and Fire TV and / or £100 Sainsbury's voucher? Download the Sport Relief app!

£100 Uber / Uber Eats voucher is up for grabs to! Just post in a golden tread to be in with a chance!

Spoiler

Stephen Fry is totally knowledgeable and very articulate. Like him a lot more now! :smile: Nice one TSR
This is such a great video! Loads of really sound advice. Brilliant stuff :biggrin:
Original post by RedGiant
Well at least TSR didn't lie this time.

Woah, woah woah. Actually, we didn't lie about Corbyn, his team failed to provide sufficient answers to your questions and after confirming that they would come on TSR, they never followed through. We've had a number of successful celebrity and politician Q&As over the years and we were just as disappointed as you guys that Corbyn failed. Glad you enjoyed this one with Stephen Fry though :smile:
Original post by Less(e/o)n
Despite being eternally thankful that Stephen eventually managed to answer our questions (given his recent health scare), I must confess a certain level of disappointment concerning the overall lack of heterogeneity. By this, I mean that every question selected was centred around mental health, which strikes me as something of a missed opportunity, given that there were plenty of other interesting questions being asked of Stephen about various other topics.

Well the Q&A was in partnership with Sport Relief, who we are working with over the next month to help raise awareness for mental health and well being. Stephen himself said he was interested in focusing on questions around mental health. There were some really great questions submitted and sorry that your question wasn't answered.
Original post by Danny Dorito
Woah, woah woah. Actually, we didn't lie about Corbyn, his team failed to provide sufficient answers to your questions and after confirming that they would come on TSR, they never followed through. We've had a number of successful celebrity and politician Q&As over the years and we were just as disappointed as you guys that Corbyn failed. Glad you enjoyed this one with Stephen Fry though :smile:

Stormzy next?
Original post by SuperHuman98
Stormzy next?

Don't be getting to big for your boots.
Thank you TSR for providing members with such an opportunity. Its really given an insight into what other celeberities think about mental health and their own perspective upon it as well as how to overcome such conditions gradually. I truly hope those that are diagnosed with such conditions can speak out soon and not be afraid of opening up.

Another bonus to this is that some parts of this will assist me with my assignment too. :smile:.

Thank you once again, TSR. :smile:.
Reply 18
It's so great to hear Stephen Fry's views because he is always honest and open with his answers and has a sense of humour too - I've always liked him.
I'm going to take his advice in regard to mental health, and he is right when he says it's 'coming out' as it is a really big deal to tell your family these things as they may not react positively to your news.
So, Thank you!
He didn't answer my question as I was hoping lol, but at least he answered so many important questions from you all :smile: His advice is very helpful and its inspiring to see that someone so famous can relate to us like this :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest