Turn on thread page Beta

Viral Gastroenteritis watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi TSR,

I’m currently on DAY 8 of suffering with viral gastroenteritis and I don’t think I’ve ever been this ill ever. My mum and dog were both ill and I think I caught it off my dog.
    Here’s a list of every symptom :
    - Heightened Anxiety
    - Panic Attacks
    - Diarrhoea
    - Constipation ( Diarrhoea and Constipation have happened at the same time, ill have Diarrhoea that I can get put and constipation holding everything else back)
    - 38.5* + temperature everyday
    - Chest pain most likely indigestion or constipation
    - Nausea
    - Stomach Pain
    - Headaches (like a pressure)
    - Muscle Weakness
    - Restlessness
    - Fatigue
    - Breathing problems mainly when I have a panic attack but that’s normal with anxiety

That’s all the symptoms I’ve had so far and haven’t physically seen a doctor because doctors and waiting rooms give me major anxiety but had a phone call with a private doctor and he said it was viral gastroenteritis and said to take paracetamol and it’ll go on its own and that was 4 days ago. I don’t know what to do it feels like it will never end I just need reassurance otherwise my anxiety goes wild about everything.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by AidenHa)
    Hi TSR,

I’m currently on DAY 8 of suffering with viral gastroenteritis and I don’t think I’ve ever been this ill ever. My mum and dog were both ill and I think I caught it off my dog.
    Here’s a list of every symptom :
    - Heightened Anxiety
    - Panic Attacks
    - Diarrhoea
    - Constipation ( Diarrhoea and Constipation have happened at the same time, ill have Diarrhoea that I can get put and constipation holding everything else back)
    - 38.5* + temperature everyday
    - Chest pain most likely indigestion or constipation
    - Nausea
    - Stomach Pain
    - Headaches (like a pressure)
    - Muscle Weakness
    - Restlessness
    - Fatigue
    - Breathing problems mainly when I have a panic attack but that’s normal with anxiety

That’s all the symptoms I’ve had so far and haven’t physically seen a doctor because doctors and waiting rooms give me major anxiety but had a phone call with a private doctor and he said it was viral gastroenteritis and said to take paracetamol and it’ll go on its own and that was 4 days ago. I don’t know what to do it feels like it will never end I just need reassurance otherwise my anxiety goes wild about everything.
    Give 111 a call too. Have you tried walk-in centres? Obviously there will be a wait there too. You will need to drink plenty of water because you haven't mentioned that your private doc told you that.

Ideally you will need to see a healthcare professional and get someone to examine you too. They cannot really diagnose (properly) over the phone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ecolier)
    Give 111 a call too. Have you tried walk-in centres? Obviously there will be a wait there too. You will need to drink plenty of water because you haven't mentioned that your private doc told you that.

Ideally you will need to see a healthcare professional and get someone to examine you too. They cannot really diagnose (properly) over the phone.
    I gave 111 a call on the first day and in all honesty they made it worse and were so rude to me, I was mid panic attack and I wanted reassurance and then they said they were calling an ambulance but I said I don’t think I need that, that’s a waste of resources because I knew I was panicking because of my symptoms they then connects me to this rude doctor who wasn’t quite understand what was happening loudly telling me to make a decision I was incapable of at that time ended up with him saying “call your doctor tomorrow” but my anxiety is so bad I literally can’t go to the doctors and my psychiatrist has taken 3 months to do nothing so far. Yes I am drinking water I googled that haha but I really can’t see a doctor, I just can’t
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    ... Yes I am drinking water I googled that haha but I really can’t see a doctor, I just can’t
    I am sorry about your anxiety states. However you will need to see someone who can advise you (and to examine you too). A practice nurse at your GP perhaps? Pharmacists can advise but they can't examine your abdomen.

Remember if you become too unwell (from dehydration) you may have to go into hospital anyway. Better that it's a GP doctor then a hospital doctor?
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I gave 111 a call on the first day and in all honesty they made it worse and were so rude to me, I was mid panic attack and I wanted reassurance and then they said they were calling an ambulance but I said I don’t think I need that, that’s a waste of resources because I knew I was panicking because of my symptoms they then connects me to this rude doctor who wasn’t quite understand what was happening loudly telling me to make a decision I was incapable of at that time ended up with him saying “call your doctor tomorrow” but my anxiety is so bad I literally can’t go to the doctors and my psychiatrist has taken 3 months to do nothing so far. Yes I am drinking water I googled that haha but I really can’t see a doctor, I just can’t
    That really sucks, but I'm afraid you need to see somebody. You just do.
    Waiting rooms are a big part of the problem right? Is there somebody you could take with you so they can listen for your name in the waiting room while you chill out in a quieter area?

I know this is difficult for you, but it's a lot better than ending up in A&E surrounded by medical staff and sick people with fluid put in you and stuff. If you leave this too long that is what could happen.

Try to think of what will make it a bit easier for you, but you do need to physically see a doctor or nurse so they can examine you and make sure you're okay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kindred)
    That really sucks, but I'm afraid you need to see somebody. You just do.
    Waiting rooms are a big part of the problem right? Is there somebody you could take with you so they can listen for your name in the waiting room while you chill out in a quieter area?

I know this is difficult for you, but it's a lot better than ending up in A&E surrounded by medical staff and sick people with fluid put in you and stuff. If you leave this too long that is what could happen.

Try to think of what will make it a bit easier for you, but you do need to physically see a doctor or nurse so they can examine you and make sure you're okay.
    I wanna go right now but I can’t so I’m going tomorrow and I’ll have to do it I guess. I would love to go right now but the nearest walk into centre is 13 miles away, Both my parents are at work until 10/11 and no buses go that way and buses are cancelled because of the snow
    • TSR Support Team
    • Peer Support Volunteers

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Peer Support Volunteers
    I wanna go right now but I can’t so I’m going tomorrow and I’ll have to do it I guess. I would love to go right now but the nearest walk into centre is 13 miles away, Both my parents are at work until 10/11 and no buses go that way and buses are cancelled because of the snow
    Alright. Until then I would suggest drinking loads of water to stay hydrated because that will make you feel loads worse.
    Good luck

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 1, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.