Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    As you are all aware the weather is very bad with Snow & Wind. This could be the potential cause.

I think i hit someones wing mirror when pulling infront of the car. I wasnt so sure if i hit it but presumed i did. It was close to my house so i went in to write a note and when i went back out to put it on the car it was gone.

Not sure what to do now..
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by qr95)
    As you are all aware the weather is very bad with Snow & Wind. This could be the potential cause.

I think i hit someones wing mirror when pulling infront of the car. I wasnt so sure if i hit it but presumed i did. It was close to my house so i went in to write a note and when i went back out to put it on the car it was gone.

If I were you, I'd leave your details with 101 to cover yourself to cover yourself legally - but, tbh I can't see anyone making a fuss about someone else clipping their mirror.

Spoiler:
    Show

Just tagging AngryJellyfish to get this moved to Cars and motoring

• Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by qr95)

Call 101 and explain it to them.

All the best
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by RoyalSheepy)
    I presume you left your details on the note, and if you did then good on you. You've covered yourself legally.

You could leave your details with 101, to cover yourself even more - because the wind could've took that note away for all you know. But, tbh I can't see anyone making a fuss about someone else clipping their mirror.

Spoiler:
    Show

How could OP leave his details when there is no possible way of contact? As he didnt get to leave the note on the car?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by MiszshorTea786)
    How could OP leave his details when there is no possible way of contact? As he didnt get to leave the note on the car?
    My bad, I read the OP wrong. I'll edit the post.

Cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoyalSheepy)
    I presume you left your details on the note, and if you did then good on you. You've covered yourself legally.

You could leave your details with 101, to cover yourself even more - because the wind could've took that note away for all you know. But, tbh I can't see anyone making a fuss about someone else clipping their mirror.

Spoiler:
    Show

I went home to write the note but cars gone within 10min. There defo isnt any major damage.

ReputationRep:
    Or i might not have even hit it i am just unsure...
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by qr95)
    Or i might not have even hit it i am just unsure...
    Regardless. To cover your back just call up 101. If you have hit their mirror they would advise you, otherwise its seen as a 'goodwill gesture'.

You have nothing to lose.

All the best.

ReputationRep:
    Regardless. To cover your back just call up 101. If you have hit their mirror they would advise you, otherwise its seen as a 'goodwill gesture'.

All the best.
    I will check later to see if Car returns then ill report it first thing tomorrow.

ReputationRep:

All the best.
    Been waiting ages...Iv tried calling them

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.