The Student Room Group

Headstart Summer Camps 2018

Scroll to see replies

My emergency contact got apology email / confirming course at 10:45
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by markyw12
Do you know when?

Can also se why you’re asking.... geography for you between Belfast & Manchester. See post above, sorry forgot to use quote to alert you ^^
parent got an email confirming the course i'm on - the one i was initially told i had an offer was right!
got an authorised absence from school for it so all is good. anyone else doing engineering at sheffield?
Reply 63
I applied for Glasgow and got into the design eng, anyone else going on this course??
Reply 64
Hi! Congratulations on having an offer! Well, I haven't received any email yet whether I'm accepted or not. Should I worry or not? Thank you.
Just a warning to anyone confirming their place and making payment -

My mum put her details in, but it said 'Transaction Unsuccessful' and we tried it twice more, getting the same results. I ended up using my dad's card to pay for it, but today we found out that EDT had taken the payment from my mum's account three times, and put her in her overdraft by about 300 pounds. Conveniently, they aren't answering their phone, but my mum has sent an email so she can get her money back. Just a heads up so no one else has to suffer
.. anyone else still waiting for an offer?

:frown:
Reply 67
Original post by bean101
.. anyone else still waiting for an offer?

:frown:

Me! I hope it doesn't mean that we are not in...
Look up Southampton ECS taster course.
Reply 69
Did anyone get a confirmation email after paying for their course, it said they’d send one but I haven’t received anything??
Original post by imp394
Did anyone get a confirmation email after paying for their course, it said they’d send one but I haven’t received anything??

Yes- but it didn't come instantly. It took like 3 days.
Reply 71
Original post by psc---maths
Yes- but it didn't come instantly. It took like 3 days.

THANK YOU
having a minor freak out
Reply 72
I wouldn't worry just yet. Check the website when they're meant to come through, you might get an offer next week if people don't end up going?
Reply 73
Original post by jsk800
Look up Southampton ECS taster course.

Thanks mate. Do you know more summer courses?
Original post by jagdan_
Thanks mate. Do you know more summer courses?

Look up University taster courses on Google and you'll find quite a few. You could also type in a specific university taster course and you'll find individually offered programmes.
Original post by jagdan_
Me! I hope it doesn't mean that we are not in...

Heard anything back yet??
Reply 76
Original post by bean101
Heard anything back yet??

Not yet. In which courses did you choose? Have you applied either Oxford or Cambridge?
Original post by jagdan_
Not yet. In which courses did you choose? Have you applied either Oxford or Cambridge?

Nope, I applied for chemistry and chemical engineering at Belfast, chemical engineering at UCL, engineering in the built environment at Coventry and maths at Lancaster. What about you??
Reply 78
Original post by bean101
Nope, I applied for chemistry and chemical engineering at Belfast, chemical engineering at UCL, engineering in the built environment at Coventry and maths at Lancaster. What about you??

University of Oxford, Manchester, Warwick, Heriott-Watt and Liverpool(Broad-based engineering except for Liverpool). Anyone heard about Oxford or Warwick?
Original post by jagdan_
University of Oxford, Manchester, Warwick, Heriott-Watt and Liverpool(Broad-based engineering except for Liverpool). Anyone heard about Oxford or Warwick?

It’s a shame you haven’t heard anything because it’s not as if you’ve applied for solely oxbridge courses which are super competitive and hard to get into.
The only reason why I think I haven’t heard anything back is because I applied pretty late-on in the process so maybe this is the same for you?
As someone with straight A’s (highest grade in Scotland) and one of the top achievers of my year, I’m pretty gutted to say the least about not hearing anything back so far. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest