Turn on thread page Beta

Advice for enhanced DBS check watch

ReputationRep:
    Apologies if I posted in the wrong forum.

I'm having continuous worries about a future enhanced DBS check. A job I want (in the health and social care area) requires an enhanced DBS check, I'm 15 currently so I won't be applying for any care jobs until I'm 18+. Anyway, 1 year ago (when I had just turned 14) I had an online argument with someone and some harsh things were said. He claimed that I had chased him with a sharp weapon (which is untrue) and the PCSOs got involved. I wasn't arrested or taken to the station, I got no caution, conviction or criminal record, the PCSOs just spoke to me a few times, referred me to the school counsellor and that was that, really. Nothing else has come from the incident since.

I'm going on to do a college course in health and social next year and then eventually work with seniors in a care home. Regardless of having no criminal record, is this the sort of thing that shows up on an enhanced DBS check? It's really worrying me.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Lee1357)

I'm having continuous worries about a future enhanced DBS check. A job I want (in the health and social care area) requires an enhanced DBS check, I'm 15 currently so I won't be applying for any care jobs until I'm 18+. Anyway, 1 year ago (when I had just turned 14) I had an online argument with someone and some harsh things were said. He claimed that I had chased him with a sharp weapon (which is untrue) and the PCSOs got involved. I wasn't arrested or taken to the station, I got no caution, conviction or criminal record, the PCSOs just spoke to me a few times, referred me to the school counsellor and that was that, really. Nothing else has come from the incident since.

I'm going on to do a college course in health and social next year and then eventually work with seniors in a care home. Regardless of having no criminal record, is this the sort of thing that shows up on an enhanced DBS check? It's really worrying me.
    If you didn't receive a caution then it won't show up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ninja Squirrel)
    If you didn't receive a caution then it won't show up.
    Thank you
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster

Why do you keep posting this?

Same as last time . No record means nothing to worry about. Ring NACRO whom I left you the details for on your previous thread.

ReputationRep:

I don't think it will show up because it is a check of YOUR criminal record not someone elses. Do not worry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolzo_returns)
    I don't think it will show up because it is a check of YOUR criminal record not someone elses. Do not worry.
    I don't have a criminal record but he did report me to the PCSOs (or the school who then spoke to the PCSOs) and I was spoken to about the messages I sent (in the argument) which resulted in him saying I had chased him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 999tigger)
    Why do you keep posting this?

Same as last time . No record means nothing to worry about. Ring NACRO whom I left you the details for on your previous thread.
    Sorry, I'm a worrying person haha

ReputationRep:
    I don't have a criminal record but he did report me to the PCSOs (or the school who then spoke to the PCSOs) and I was spoken to about the messages I sent (in the argument) which resulted in him saying I had chased him
    It was only a talk, not serious so do not worry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lolzo_returns)
    It was only a talk, not serious so do not worry.
    Thank you )
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Sorry, I'm a worrying person haha
    Perhaps you will feel better if someone says you are in trouble.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.