Turn on thread page Beta

Intermission.. Confused? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi

I am writing for some information about intermission from university and how this affects Student Finance.

I am in my first year of University studying Speech and Language Therapy. I was struggling with anxiety which led me to missing uni etc. and it was recommended to me by the University that I take a year out of the course and come back in a years time to finish my first year from the 2nd semester. I agreed to this however then have had no more information from the university apart from the date I have to return next year. No response when I have asked what this means for my Student Finance.

I'm confused now how this affects my student finance. I am eligible for the full tuition loan and maintenance loan. So am wondering what will happen now with this? On SFE website it still says I am due to receive my next instalment however I'm unsure if this is correct.

Finally, this is my second degree. I had previously used 2 years student finance on a previous course when I was 18. I was advised I would get full funding for all years of this course due to it being previously NHS funded so its an exception? Does this exception include the 4th gift year aswell?

Very confused. Any knowledge would be appreciated.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Lorde33)
    Hi

I am writing for some information about intermission from university and how this affects Student Finance.

I am in my first year of University studying Speech and Language Therapy. I was struggling with anxiety which led me to missing uni etc. and it was recommended to me by the University that I take a year out of the course and come back in a years time to finish my first year from the 2nd semester. I agreed to this however then have had no more information from the university apart from the date I have to return next year. No response when I have asked what this means for my Student Finance.

I'm confused now how this affects my student finance. I am eligible for the full tuition loan and maintenance loan. So am wondering what will happen now with this? On SFE website it still says I am due to receive my next instalment however I'm unsure if this is correct.

Finally, this is my second degree. I had previously used 2 years student finance on a previous course when I was 18. I was advised I would get full funding for all years of this course due to it being previously NHS funded so its an exception? Does this exception include the 4th gift year aswell?

Very confused. Any knowledge would be appreciated.
    Hi Lorde33,

When you decide to take up your place after the agreed suspension, you need reapply online.

If you are resuming on the same academic year at the same point that you suspended, then you wil receive your remaining payments once the university confirm your resumption and your support will continiue.

Regards Rona

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rona SFE)
    Hi Lorde33,

When you decide to take up your place after the agreed suspension, you need reapply online.

If you are resuming on the same academic year at the same point that you suspended, then you wil receive your remaining payments once the university confirm your resumption and your support will continiue.

Regards Rona
    Hi Rona,

Thank-you for getting back to me. I have checked online and it says that my next maintenance payment is scheduled. However it does say 'Awaiting Confirmation' on my attendance for semester 3. What should I do should I still receive my maintenance loan payment?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Lorde33)
    Hi Rona,

Thank-you for getting back to me. I have checked online and it says that my next maintenance payment is scheduled. However it does say 'Awaiting Confirmation' on my attendance for semester 3. What should I do should I still receive my maintenance loan payment?
    Hi Lorde33,

When you resume your study and your college or university confirms your attendance, we can then release the payment, this is why the payment is at 'Awaiting Confirmation' as the College/University need to confirm your attending the course.

Thanks

Catherine

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.