Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone transferred to Warwick in 2nd year for CS?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I tried, your first year syllabus needs to be almost identical to theirs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bobjim12)
    I tried, your first year syllabus needs to be almost identical to theirs.
    Did you get in? Or which unis would you recommend? I've also messaged the admissions to check.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bluebell1234)
    Did you get in? Or which unis would you recommend? I've also messaged the admissions to check.
    I didn't.

Which uni do you go to currently?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone transferred to Warwick in 2nd year for CS?
    Thanks
    As one of your other posts states you are at uni doing 1st year Human Biology it might be best to explain how you intend to get to Warwick to do CS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nutz99)
    As one of your other posts states you are at uni doing 1st year Human Biology it might be best to explain how you intend to get to Warwick to do CS.
    It's complicated. I'm thinking of doing CS and drop out instead. But I don't have the grades for wareick AAA but instead have AAB but I really like warwick and eas wondering if I do the firstyear and then transfer to warwick.

ReputationRep:
    It's complicated. I'm thinking of doing CS and drop out instead. But I don't have the grades for wareick AAA but instead have AAB but I really like warwick and eas wondering if I do the firstyear and then transfer to warwick.
    Have you already applied to do CS anywhere next September. If not, then why not take a gap year, see if you can get a part-time job in IT for the year whilst retaking your A level to get that B up to an A. Check first that Warwick will accept A levels taken several years apart as some don't.

If you prefer to go to another uni to do the first year then apply to Warwick for the second year then I would first get in touch with Warwick to check if they would consider this and what you would have to achieve in your first year to be considered.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 4, 2018
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.