Turn on thread page Beta

south asian (indian) and muslim watch

was wondering if its just me but i dislike my identity alot but because of how it involves itself in my relationships and parent pressure especially regards to islam and how they will get involved if i found someone i find it weird how family and honour matters so much in islam and just tired

anyone feel the same?

im 18 btw!

ReputationRep:
    Hey! Southasian Muslim here I feel like me and my friends in the same situation have talked about this soo much I can't believe how prevalent this issue still is

(Original post by Randomer0126)
    Hey! Southasian Muslim here I feel like me and my friends in the same situation have talked about this soo much I can't believe prevalent this issue still is
    thanks for the reply i feel depressed most of the time because i want to live my life but family always interfere

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Anonymous;76365454]thanks for the reply i feel depressed most of the time because i want to live my life but family always interfere[/QUOT

Keep persevering and make sure you've got someone (like friends you can trust) to support you if you're unable to talk to your family its important to have different relationships with different people. By interfering do you mean life choices or like finding a partner?

[QUOTE=Randomer0126;76365548]
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    thanks for the reply i feel depressed most of the time because i want to live my life but family always interfere[/QUOT

Keep persevering and make sure you've got someone (like friends you can trust) to support you if you're unable to talk to your family its important to have different relationships with different people. By interfering do you mean life choices or like finding a partner?
    yeah life choices and parents interfering with relationships i know its haram but i kind of want to do my own thing

ReputationRep:
    Desi mentality is just very messed up

ReputationRep:
    ahhh oh well it's just relationship , just wait till ur married

yeah i really hate it its just really annoying and its making me depressed. i want to live my own life but parents keep interfering

(Original post by Ray_Shadows)
    ahhh oh well it's just relationship , just wait till ur married
    they force my sister to get married and tried to find her suitors without her permission and im scared i will be next

ReputationRep:
    they force my sister to get married and tried to find her suitors without her permission and im scared i will be next
    mmm so what , my parents are probably going to do the same

it's not all that bad

mmm so what , my parents are probably going to do the same

it's not all that bad
    Lol they have no right to send my sisters photo around i hate my culture and i hate that my parents are getting involved

ReputationRep:
    Lol they have no right to send my sisters photo around i hate my culture and i hate that my parents are getting involved
    they're not gonna send it to randoms on the internet , most likely to ppl they know

ik you might be uncomfortable with all this , but to ur parents they're doing it because they're afraid that if they let you choose you might be with a man that dosen't care/love you and that will just use you .

they're not gonna send it to randoms on the internet , most likely to ppl they know

ik you might be uncomfortable with all this , but to ur parents they're doing it because they're afraid that if they let you choose you might be with a man that dosen't care/love you and that will just use you .
    i dont want arranged marriage and my parents arent supposed to get involved because of islam and desi culture. im 18 i think i can make a sensible decision i really dont know what to do im having suicidal thoughts and feel depressed because my culture and religion

ReputationRep:
    i dont want arranged marriage and my parents arent supposed to get involved because of islam and desi culture. im 18 i think i can make a sensible decision i really dont know what to do im having suicidal thoughts and feel depressed because my culture and religion

Have you tried talking about how you're feeling about all this to your parents ?

ReputationRep:
    was wondering if its just me but i dislike my identity alot but because of how it involves itself in my relationships and parent pressure especially regards to islam and how they will get involved if i found someone i find it weird how family and honour matters so much in islam and just tired

anyone feel the same?
    I'm south Asian Muslim and in the same situation as you PM me if you wanna talk
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Anonymous;76365600]
    (Original post by Randomer0126)

yeah life choices and parents interfering with relationships i know its haram but i kind of want to do my own thing
    same I don't know how to go about it all like it's hard I'm afraid I'll be judged as well by other Muslim girls I've been warned about how they criticize you

Have you tried talking about how you're feeling about all this to your parents ?
    they dont care

[QUOTE=Randomer0126;76366896]

same I don't know how to go about it all like it's hard I'm afraid I'll be judged as well by other Muslim girls I've been warned about how they criticize you
    its just making me depressed culture and religion and i try and pray but my parents are ruining my life by getting involved etc

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 1, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.