Turn on thread page Beta

south asian (indian) and muslim watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm a south Asian Muslim (pakistani) and I honestly HATE how looking "honorable" matters more than being honorable. They focus on how they look in front of others so much, they forget it's just easier to be how they want to look (if that makes sense ).

But I don't think honor has much to do with Islam if I'm honest. Honor has more to do with culture, and they use Islam as a barrier.

(Original post by Cod3tte)
    I'm a south Asian Muslim (pakistani) and I honestly HATE how looking "honorable" matters more than being honorable. They focus on how they look in front of others so much, they forget it's just easier to be how they want to look (if that makes sense ).

But I don't think honor has much to do with Islam if I'm honest. Honor has more to do with culture, and they use Islam as a barrier.
    yeah the honour part is culture but in islam your parents or wali find your future husband which i dont like and i told my parents this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    they dont care
    it's probably for the best , just enjoy life were u are at now and dw about those kind of things

ReputationRep:
    yeah the honour part is culture but in islam your parents or wali find your future husband which i dont like and i told my parents this
    That's an arranged marriage, and again I think it is more of a cultural thing that people like to shield with Islam.

A parent can choose the future husband for the daughter, and if she is okay with it she can marry him. However, a girl is also allowed to look for a husband herself if she wants to.

That's an arranged marriage, and again I think it is more of a cultural thing that people like to shield with Islam.

A parent can choose the future husband for the daughter, and if she is okay with it she can marry him. However, a girl is also allowed to look for a husband herself if she wants to.
    noo its in islam too because your wali has to help you have to keep things "halal"
    feel depressed

ReputationRep:
    noo its in islam too because your wali has to help you have to keep things "halal"
    feel depressed
    Honey, does it say that in the Qur'an?

You can easily keep things halal without a wali. What if a Muslim girl was raised in different children's homes her whole life? Who would be her wali?

ReputationRep:

Islamically you're not allowed to be alone with someone from the opposite sex as the third person is shaytaan the devil and he will make you think sinfully things and egg you on to do this you shouldn't do and so you need a third person
    Without being able to be alone with them how can you see if they are a good match for you that's why people take someone who knows them well so they can give their opinion

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Randomer0126)
    Islamically you're not allowed to be alone with someone from the opposite sex as the third person is shaytaan the devil and he will make you think sinfully things and egg you on to do this you shouldn't do and so you need a third person
    Without being able to be alone with them how can you see if they are a good match for you that's why people take someone who knows them well so they can give their opinion
    What if it can't be helped?

In my computing class there are 10 people, 3 of us are girls and when the two other girls don't show up, I'm the only girl, among 7 boys? I never get egged on by the devil to do sinful things, I just sit there, don't talk and do my work and help anyone if needs be.

Honey, does it say that in the Qur'an?

You can easily keep things halal without a wali. What if a Muslim girl was raised in different children's homes her whole life? Who would be her wali?
    Lol this is very known that you cant interact with opposite gender without a wali or when its needed e.g doctors appointment you cant really find love yourself you have to rely on someone else

can you confirm my explanation plwase MiszshorTea786

ReputationRep:
    What if it can't be helped?

In my computing class there are 10 people, 3 of us are girls and when the two other girls don't show up, I'm the only girl, among 7 boys? I never get egged on by the devil to do sinful things, I just sit there, don't talk and do my work and help anyone if needs be.
    That's one of the many dilemmas of this rule as it is difficult to apply to the modern Muslims' lifestyle. You're constantly put in situations where you have to compromise with religion even if it is just small things like hand shaking the opposite sex in a business setting (any kind of physical contact is forbidden) so I too struggle with this. I'm currently in school doing a levels and I have situations where I have to talk to or work with guys but I know this is looked down on. It's hard but there's no clear cut solution (or at least nothing that I've found)
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    can you confirm my explanation plwase MiszshorTea786
    Peace be with you, Anonymous,

I do not wish to de-rail this thread as it is however I am willing to give you an answer.

Feel free to PM me if you are a female or VM me if you wish to do so.

Thank you.

Take care. .

(Original post by MiszshorTea786)
    Peace be with you, Anonymous,

I do not wish to de-rail this thread as it is however I am willing to give you an answer.

Feel free to PM me if you are a female or VM me if you wish to do so.

Thank you.

Take care. .
    the issue im having is about parents getting involved with relationships (i know its haram) and my question is can i find love myself without wali?

thankux

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 1, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.