Turn on thread page Beta

Is this a turn off for girls watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Would it be a turn off if the guy you're dating wore foundation/concealer to cover up a blemish?

I developed a huge zit on my forehead due to dry skin from being out in the cold all day. It's gone now, but I am left with this dark spot that looks hideous. :argh:

Anyway I have a date tomorrow, and wanted to apply some concealer on the blemish just so she won't notice.

But I am apprehensive that she might find it a turn off when she finds out I am wearing make-up, and on the other hand I am also worried she'll find my dark spot unattractive.

What do I do?:argh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No1 PIMP)
    Would it be a turn off if the guy you're dating wore foundation/concealer to cover up a blemish?

I developed a huge zit on my forehead due to dry skin from being out in the cold all day. It's gone now, but I am left with this dark spot that looks hideous. :argh:

Anyway I have a date tomorrow, and wanted to apply some concealer on the blemish just so she won't notice.

But I am apprehensive that she might find it a turn off when she finds out I am wearing make-up, and on the other hand I am also worried she'll find my dark spot unattractive.

What do I do?:argh:
    Firstly, I doubt she'd even care or notice the dark spot, would probably just think it was a mole. But yeah wear some concealer if it'll make you feel more confident, just make sure it's a good colour match. I really don't think any girl would find it a turn off. If anything they'd probably find it quite amusing that you were self conscious about something so minor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blawan)
    Firstly, I doubt she'd even care or notice the dark spot, would probably just think it was a mole. But yeah wear some concealer if it'll make you feel more confident, just make sure it's a good colour match. I really don't think any girl would find it a turn off. If anything they'd probably find it quite amusing that you were self conscious about something so minor.
    Thanks for the advice, you've really reassured me that my dark spot might not repulse her.

But I might still wear some of my sisters concealer as I feel my confidence will be knocked and I won't be very sociable.

ReputationRep:
    I’d be surprised, but I wouldn’t mind! Points for being comfortable enough in your masculinity to wear some make up.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    I’d be surprised, but I wouldn’t mind! Points for being comfortable enough in your masculinity to wear some make up.
    So if a male you were dating wore a little bit of make-up you wouldn't find it a turn off?

I heard most girls do. :/

ReputationRep:
    So if a male you were dating wore a little bit of make-up you wouldn't find it a turn off?

I heard most girls do. :/
    No not at all, there will be some girls that don’t like it but I doubt most of them care about it. If it’s covered well she probably wont even notice you have any on. :yep:

I wouldn’t give a **** if the boy wore a full face of makeup I don’t think it’s an issue at all

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the best make-up is the one that is invisible

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grobik)
    Yeah the best make-up is the one that is invisible
    Mmmmmm I am new to this... Do you know which brands offer the best coverage?

ReputationRep:
    Definitely wouldn’t bother me, she probably won’t notice the concealer if you do wear it anyway. Hope you have fun!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellydavies130)
    Definitely wouldn’t bother me, she probably won’t notice the concealer if you do wear it anyway. Hope you have fun!
    Thank you. :P

ReputationRep:
    Just cover your hair up with up and use concealoir just make sure it matches and put powder over it so doesn’t come off

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cat_mac)
    No not at all, there will be some girls that don’t like it but I doubt most of them care about it. If it’s covered well she probably wont even notice you have any on. :yep:
    Thank you for reassuring me. I feel a lot better now!

This was really worrying me.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for reassuring me. I feel a lot better now!

This was really worrying me.
    No problem, good luck for your date!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 1, 2018
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.