Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    This is such a ridiculous question but I really can't find it anywhere... o.O

In Portugal, I can go to any supermarket or auto shop (Halford equivalent for instance) and I can get a liquid that i can put, for it to shoot on the windscreen) and that's it.

Here, I've look on supermarkets and Halfords and nothing..

Could anyone please tell me where to get it from?

Thanks
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by EBastos)

In Portugal, I can go to any supermarket or auto shop (Halford equivalent for instance) and I can get a liquid that i can put, for it to shoot on the windscreen) and that's it.

Thanks
    Uhh they should be in supermarkets, petrol stations and auto shops?

Have you asked the staff there?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue_Cow)
    Uhh they should be in supermarkets, petrol stations and auto shops?

Have you asked the staff there?
    All I see/saw were the shampoos and such. Not anything to put on the windscreen "tank" (I don't know whats the proper word for that)
    • Community Assistant
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    All I see/saw were the shampoos and such. Not anything to put on the windscreen "tank" (I don't know whats the proper word for that)
    Just ask the staff for windscreen washer fluid and they should be able to take you to the correct section of the store.

ReputationRep:
    Or just use water with a dash of antifreeze.

ReputationRep:
    Any shop you'd recommend?
    Thanks
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Drewski)
    Or just use water with a dash of antifreeze.
    Yes, because that's superb advice... /sarcasm.

Thanks
    Don't know why this is troubling you so much because all the supermarkets and motoring outlets around me have piles of the stuff everywhere...

My personal preference is is blue Prestone, but you'll only get that at Costco, so not the best for you. Just nip by Halfords and pick up some of their own brand stuff; it's not bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IWMTom)
    Yes, because that's superb advice... /sarcasm.
    It works

It's not ideal, but if they're having so much trouble finding any (quite why they're having trouble I've no idea, like you I'm puzzled by that), then at least it's something which is better than nothing.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Drewski)
    It works

It's not ideal, but if they're having so much trouble finding any (quite why they're having trouble I've no idea, like you I'm puzzled by that), then at least it's something which is better than nothing.
    Sure, and it destroys their paintwork and windscreen seals whilst they're at it...

ReputationRep:
    Virtually every petrol station in my area sells it.

Also have you been inside the shops? I can walk into costco and get it but can't seem to get it from them online.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.