Turn on thread page Beta

Okay so basically im in the second year of my a levels and im really really struggling with my mental health right now. Ive had depression and anxiety for about 4 years now but its been manageable. However recently (pretty much around the time of my GCSE's) things started to get really bad and currently I find it really hard to get enough motivation to even get out of bed in the morning. as a result of this my mock results were CDU and my attendance is less than 80% thee has even been talk of kicking me off of one of my courses. I find it really hard to talk about my mental health problems with anybody at college and even worse at home as my mum has been diagnosed with terminal cancer and so we don't talk about much of my issues. But realistically im just terrified that I am going to fail my a levels because of lack of motivation and effort even though I have daily panic attacks while thinking about failing my exams or getting out of bed. Also I have briefly spoken to the college counselling service but I felt unable to talk to them as I didn't like the attention or the pity based on the assumption that I am depressed because of my mums illness which is not the case. Thank you to anybody who bothers to read this pathetic paragraph and id just like to say I am in no way asking for pity or attention I am simply seeking advice on what do to about my a levels because I am really wanting to go to university but at this point I don't even know if it will be an option any advice is much appreciated

what A levels are you taking? xx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 1, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.