Turn on thread page Beta

Scared I'm going to mess up year 13 watch

I'm currently in year 13 and ever since this school year started I've just been a compete mess really. I've always been a person that worried and got stressed out quite easily but from September to about December I was literally in a constant state of worry and panic. I was barely eating, I'd wake up repeatedly through out the night panicking, I'd break out into tears in the middle of classes and I started to become really distant from my friends and just everyone in sixth form in general. I just thought this was due to exam stress so I got on with it and didn't really do anything about it.

By January I started to feel better. I got my mock results back and they were pretty good, I felt ''in control'' again and everything was fine. However, since the middle of February I've gone straight back to how I was in September-December and I can't focus/revise properly because of it. I've already missed 2 days of college this week because of how I feel but with my first exam in a little over a month I really can't afford to be doing this.

I'm scared that I'm going to end up going back to how I was earlier in the year and completely screw up my exams because of it. I don't even know why I feel like this. I mean my grades aren't even that bad yet I still have something in my head constantly telling me that I'm not doing enough and that I'm going to fail. I really don't know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    I’ve never been stressed out to this extent but I find that making a study schedule can be a good way of being in control, and knowing that you’re doing enough revision and practice so that you can feel prepared for your exams. Hopefully this helps or you find something that will!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

(Original post by kellydavies130)
    I’ve never been stressed out to this extent but I find that making a study schedule can be a good way of being in control, and knowing that you’re doing enough revision and practice so that you can feel prepared for your exams. Hopefully this helps or you find something that will!
    That does sound like a good idea

ReputationRep:
    This is almost exactly what happened to me in year 13, and I wish I didn’t give up. As hard as it seems now you just need to snap out of it, the best way to do that is plan a day of kicking yourself up the butt, plan a super busy day like on Saturday wake up at 9am, go for a run, shower, breakfast and all of that self care stuff then by 11:30am start intense studying and when you take breaks in between watch YouTube videos on revision/subject tips or blogs from people who go to the University you want to go to, both of those will drive up your motivation to study and do great!

If someone showed me myself In this position last year, I would’ve worked soooo much harder and made sure I smashed my exams. It’s a horrible place to be seeing all your friends move to University, it doesn’t help when you have a crush on someone and have all the time in the world to think about them knowing you can’t, having a job seemed like the perfect idea except I’m not capable of working + studying unless I get the morning perfect hours in a well paid job which just isn’t going to happen…

So yeah, become fixated on your firmed uni, put quotes up on your wall to read when you wake up (telling yourself positive things in the morning shapes your whole day, trust me!), find revision resources, be organised, make a planner and just have loads of revision related stuff to keep you busy.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.