Turn on thread page Beta

Why do girls draw the letter F on their face when they go out? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm just wondering what it means. I go to the University of Portsmouth and I notice that a lot of the girls (not all) draw an F on their face when they're going on a night out. It is particularly on a wednesday night when the sports teams go out. I've never seen a guy do it so I think it must be a thing girls do and I don't know if it is just a pompey thing or if people do it at other unis.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by Anon7654)
    I'm just wondering what it means. I go to the University of Portsmouth and I notice that a lot of the girls (not all) draw an F on their face when they're going on a night out. It is particularly on a wednesday night when the sports teams go out. I've never seen a guy do it so I think it must be a thing girls do and I don't know if it is just a pompey thing or if people do it at other unis.
    Must be a sports team thing? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I've studied at and experienced many nights out at three different universities and have literally never seen that, so it's either a very new thing, a Pompey thing or at the very least a more Southern thing.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Perhaps they watched Red Dwarf a long time ago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey)
    Must be a sports team thing? :holmes:
    Must have a meaning though
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    :iiam:

ReputationRep:
    Well what's the name of the rugby team? or the football team? Hell, why don't you just ask one of the girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin De Bruyne)
    Perhaps they watched Red Dwarf a long time ago.
    Haha I like the idea. Sadly it is an F not an H and they draw it all over their face sometimes, rather than just on their forehead.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PlayWithMarkers)
    Well what's the name of the rugby team? or the football team? Hell, why don't you just ask one of the girls.
    I've seen the football team do it. I've seen other teams do it as well but I didn't know what teams they were. I have asked a couple of the girls I knew in the teams but they refused to tell me.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    I've seen the football team do it. I've seen other teams do it as well but I didn't know what teams they were. I have asked a couple of the girls I knew in the teams but they refused to tell me.
    Does it mean 'fresher'? :beard:

ReputationRep:
    It could mean "Fresher", "Failure" or "F*ck me". It could also be a reference to a university sports team. Who knows.

ReputationRep:
    Do you mean it as in on the cheekbone side of the face area? sounds like makeup contouring to me but really badly blended ones. i might be going on a tangent but that's what I'm speculating lol

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.