Turn on thread page Beta

Do TSR users with avatars receive more reps? watch

Are people more likely to rep an account they're familiar with?

I'm not bothered about reps but just notice some users get loads of reps for no reason. And often a previous poster has already said the same point won't get any/as many.
    Are people also more likely to rep someone with a body pic/face pic? Do you think some users only receive reps because they're above average looking?

Kind of like when your best mate makes a 8/10 joke you laugh hysterically, but if a stranger makes the same joke you just exhale loudly.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I think it's usually what they post. Its not always about the avatar or profile pic
    • TSR Community Team
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    jenhasdreams paging data guru :beard:

(Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    I think it's usually what they post. Its not always about the avatar or profile pic
    I'm not saying people just rep avatars they like. I mean if they see a familiar face are they more likely to rep your post?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm not saying people just rep avatars they like. I mean if they see a familiar face are they more likely to rep your post?
    No. I mean that is just my opinion, I dont go around repping ppl I am familiar with.

(Original post by TheGirlFelonXxXx)
    No. I mean that is just my opinion, I dont go around repping ppl I am familiar with.
    Ok yeah that's fair enough. To be honest I think I'm guilty of it myself.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Ok yeah that's fair enough. To be honest I think I'm guilty of it myself.
    You rep ppl that you know? Instead of what they post?
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    It does make a difference, but not actually as much as I would've expected. :holmes:

Average rep for users' posts (over the last 7 days) is:

Users with no avatar: 1.3275
    Users with a predefined avatar: 1.3333
    Users with a custom (manual upload) avatar: 1.4691

Thing is there is a bit of bias here, as users with avatars post considerably more often than those without. I didn't have time when mashing this together to factor that in, and my train leaves in like 5 mins so you'll have to make do. :vroam:
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    Why people rep isnt always related to what they post.
    Females who are perceived to be attractive I expect quite a lot of thirsty admirers. Bit like liking .
    I would think I am less likely to rep an anonymous.
    I am more likely to rep the first person who responds to a thread and gives a reppable comment. Being first counts imo.

ReputationRep:
    you have revealed my secret :emo:

ReputationRep:
    I rep people that make a good point or one that I don't think I even need to expand on, avatars don't factor in much aside from recognising people better.
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Study Helper
    User title too probably. Might make your post a bit more noticeable to someone skimming through. I got many more reps when I had my sub coloured name and community assistant title and formally the WS title which as of today is dead.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.