The Student Room Group

AQA A-level Chemistry 7405 - 05, 12 & 20 Jun 2018 [Exam discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by yeahthatonethere
For me it's the fact they just seem to pull equations out of their arse 😅. I'll do a question and write the equation and get it right then do a similar question in another paper and they want something different. It's also a lot of memorisation and apparently my brain doesn't want to remember anything transition metal-related lmao. (I'm just more of an organic person I guess!)

I get you, I don't really like the way they do transition metals at A level, in first year at uni it was more fun and less memorizing for sure
Yep, dreading paper 3 and the practicals.
Don't like transition metals or ph curves, need an A for Medicine.
Original post by AliG123
Yep, dreading paper 3 and the practicals.
Don't like transition metals or ph curves, need an A for Medicine.

Half-equivalence is apparently a thing :rofl:.

pH curves are meh, Just need to remember the colours the indicators go.

There's sooooo many practicals omg

Is fragmentations of ions and deducing shape part of aqa a level chemistry spec. Like the one on unit 4 jan 2012 q5

Original post by joseph9299

Is fragmentations of ions and deducing shape part of aqa a level chemistry spec. Like the one on unit 4 jan 2012 q5

Nah man it's not dw
Are double indicator titrations a thing for aqa?
Has anyone made an unofficial markscheme yet?
Don't mind acids/bases, mostly fine with group 2/group7/period 3....but transition metals......boy.................

And organic synthesis/pathways! Kill me.

I need a B for vet school.
Original post by Paris-et-a-mol
Has anyone made an unofficial markscheme yet?

Can't do that until we get the paper I'm afraid.

If you're asking about AS AQA chem, I don't believe anyone has made it yet, but I'll keep checking.
Original post by dkurganov
Are double indicator titrations a thing for aqa?

Nope, old spec!
Reply 30
there is a paper 3 out now on the aqa website
Original post by Wolfram Alpha
Nope, old spec!

fantastic thanks!

Thank you!! You honestly have no idea how long I’ve been looking for these
How are you guys revising for Paper 3? I sat the new spec A level last summer and I got a mid A, Paper 3 really messed me up. :frown:
I am resitting this year to try and get that A* :colondollar:
Original post by Diabolik
How are you guys revising for Paper 3? I sat the new spec A level last summer and I got a mid A, Paper 3 really messed me up. :frown:
I am resitting this year to try and get that A* :colondollar:

You're resitting...after you got an A...in a-level chemistry....what?! What makes you need the A* so much?
Original post by brrrigid
You're resitting...after you got an A...in a-level chemistry....what?! What makes you need the A* so much?

To be honest, it is because I wanted to be predicted A* in my UCAS application. I sat it while I was in Year 12, and since I really enjoy chemistry I did not mind at all resitting it again. And I also need 2A*s and an A to meet my conditions smh, and the A* is definitely not going to come Biology :tongue: .
(edited 5 years ago)
To be honest, it is because I wanted to be predicted A* in my UCAS application. I sat it while I was in Year 12, and since I really enjoy chemistry I did not mind at all resitting it again. And I also need 2A*s and an A to meet my conditions smh, and the A* is definitely not going to come Biology :tongue: .

That makes sense. You must have been a genius to sit A level chem an year early:smile: What are you going to be doing at uni?
Original post by starstudent7
That makes sense. You must have been a genius to sit A level chem an year early:smile: What are you going to be doing at uni?

It just takes a lot of hard work and dedication, anyone can do it. I applied to chemical engineering, and I firmed at Imperial (a*a*a) and UCL as insurance (aaa). What about you?
It just takes a lot of hard work and dedication, anyone can do it. I applied to chemical engineering, and I firmed at Imperial (a*a*a) and UCL as insurance (aaa). What about you?

But it's amazing:smile: Any tips for me, did you do all the new spec papers and old spec? Wow well done, I have firmed Medicine at Manchester so AAA:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending