Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have been talking to a girl online for a couple of weeks now and things seemed great. We share interests, we get along great and we made plans to meet up next Tuesday. She told me at the beginning that she had recently split with her boyfriend but didn't give any details. Anyway 2 days ago she told me he had started messaging her again but didn't give any other details. Then a few hours later when I mention Tuesday she says we should cancel because of the snow and says we can rearrange when the snow has gone.

To me this seems like she's coming up with excuses because she's talking to her ex again but I'm not sure. Can I have other peoples opinions on it please?
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by michael1010)
    I have been talking to a girl online for a couple of weeks now and things seemed great. We share interests, we get along great and we made plans to meet up next Tuesday. She told me at the beginning that she had recently split with her boyfriend but didn't give any details. Anyway 2 days ago she told me he had started messaging her again but didn't give any other details. Then a few hours later when I mention Tuesday she says we should cancel because of the snow and says we can rearrange when the snow has gone.

To me this seems like she's coming up with excuses because she's talking to her ex again but I'm not sure. Can I have other peoples opinions on it please?
    Maybe, maybe not. But even if she was, it would be wrong if you to act differently, you can't force her to meet you. If she doesn't want to rearrange it then take that as a sign of her ex boyfriend being in the picture.

It does seem weird that she's forecasting all the way to next Tuesday but meh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin De Bruyne)
    Maybe, maybe not. But even if she was, it would be wrong if you to act differently, you can't force her to meet you. If she doesn't want to rearrange it then take that as a sign of her ex boyfriend being in the picture.

It does seem weird that she's forecasting all the way to next Tuesday but meh.
    Yeah I know I can't force her to meet but why should I act the same when there's a good chance she doesn't have any intention of meeting me? I'm tempted to just stop talking to her completely but I don't know.

ReputationRep:

Yeah, probs. Just be patient, and it'll work out for ya
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Yeah I know I can't force her to meet but why should I act the same when there's a good chance she doesn't have any intention of meeting me? I'm tempted to just stop talking to her completely but I don't know.
    There's too high a chance that you're wrong about this and you're overthinking it to throw away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kevin De Bruyne)
    There's too high a chance that you're wrong about this and you're overthinking it to throw away.
    Yeah but the thing is, even if I am overthinking it, we wouldn't be able to meet up for at least 3-4 weeks if we don't meet next week so I doubt we would be able to keep up the conversation purely online for that long without meeting.

ReputationRep:
    Cancelling plans for Tuesday based on "snow" seems a little odd. The snow may have cleared up by then, most people wouldn't cancel plans that far in advance based on weather precautions. As for talking to the ex perhaps he is trying to get in contact with her to get some stuff sorted out and out in the open. I doubt she is going to meet up with him on Tuesday if that is what you are thinking. Perhaps she is just uncertain about how she feels towards you and him. Or maybe she is worried about him finding out about her moving on, I would keep an open mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OwlOfFire)
    Cancelling plans for Tuesday based on "snow" seems a little odd. The snow may have cleared up by then, most people wouldn't cancel plans that far in advance based on weather precautions. As for talking to the ex perhaps he is trying to get in contact with her to get some stuff sorted out and out in the open. I doubt she is going to meet up with him on Tuesday if that is what you are thinking. Perhaps she is just uncertain about how she feels towards you and him. Or maybe she is worried about him finding out about her moving on, I would keep an open mind.
    I don't think she's going to meet him on Tuesday but I do think that since he has started talking to her that she may be tempted to get back with him if that's what he is getting in contact for.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 1, 2018
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.