Turn on thread page Beta

How much hard work do i need to put in to get 7,8 and maybe 9s?? watch

ReputationRep:
    My grades right now are not the best and im year 11 and i seriously need to fix up my revision schedule i wanna work hard to receive the best grades possible but im not really sure since i think its a bit to late for that anyways the moral of this thread is that how much hard work to i have to put in to get the best grades possible??
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    A lot of hard work. You'll need to sacrifice your social life.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same position, I achieved mainly 7s and 8s in December mocks but pretty sure I've gone down in Feb mocks. Because of the snow day today and yesterday I've managed to make a specific revision time table which is per week (I know I couldn't follow a per day one). I think it'll work in terms of content retention as All topics are revised at least twice and I've included past papers so I'm hoping it'll balance out. So I think most of the work is put it to organising revision and once that is done it seems like less hard work.

In the December and year 10mocks I focused on exam technique which I find is super useful even if I don't really know the stuff to answer it. Although because all the GCSEs are new there really is no proper indication of grade boundaries either I guess. Good luck with whatever revision you decide on.

ReputationRep:
    Well i'm currently literally in the middle of year 10, 90% of my revision is focused on maths and science (45% for the each of them) and the rest 10% on all other subjects. The reason why i prioritise maths and science is so by year 11 i can do the higher tier papers for them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _solitary_)
    My grades right now are not the best and im year 11 and i seriously need to fix up my revision schedule i wanna work hard to receive the best grades possible but im not really sure since i think its a bit to late for that anyways the moral of this thread is that how much hard work to i have to put in to get the best grades possible??
    I think you will have to put in a lot of time for those grades- to get those grades requires either religious levels of effective revision or high levels of effort as you go through the course and in many cases both

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.